Opera 9.1 to include Fraud Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
The Opera development team announced a very interesting feature at their Backstage event, which took place yesterday. Opera 9.1 will include fraud protection measures that are more advanced than IE7 or Firefox 2.0. When visiting a new website, the browser will check against it's database to identify whether it is trusted or not.

*www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=35658

now who's going to say first 'opera rockz' :) !

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Is it coming out in any weekly builds before the final release? I don't see any more weekly builds these days.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Well 434 in case of linux. That's what I can find for now. Dunno for windows. I guess it's not been updated for windows either.

shaunak

Tux Fan
I was worried opera would fall to IE7's Phishing filter but looks like its back gone ahead and in style. I love Opera.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Its always better to have multiple companies developing Browsers or for that reason any software ;)
This greatly enhances the option of customers to choose from the best of the best :)

paul_007

Padawan
Mangal Pandey said:
On which planet do you live?

earth :)) :))

@ tech_your_future ......i just wanted to know the difference between these two....i mean wat added feature does opera have over firefox....i dont want to debate/fight...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Mangal Pandey said:
On which planet do you live?
Hey, just because someone has not yet used the Opera web browser does not mean that he/she is an alien!

paul_007, the fundamental difference between Opera and Firefox is that while Opera is a very high featured browser and has a horde of functions right out of the box, Firefox's default installation does away with all the unnecessary (and in some cases, necessary) baggage and is basically a stripped down alternative to Opera. However, Firefox has a huge community supporting it and supports infinite customisation options by way of extensions, plug-ins and skins. Opera does offer some customisation options by way of widgets, skins and manually editing the configuration file, but that's about it. However, I prefer Opera because in a size smaller than that of Firefox, it offers a lot of features in the standard installation for which you would have to hunt a lot in the huge database of Firefox's extensions and some of them might even be missing completely. Plus, there are many features that you normally would not download from Firefox's database on free will, but once you use them in Opera, you will realise how great the feature is (an example would be mouse gestures).
For a detailed post on fifteen reasons why I prefer Opera over Firefox, you may read this post.

paul_007

Padawan
aryayush said:
Hey, just because someone has not yet used the Opera web browser does not mean that he/she is an alien!

paul_007, the fundamental difference between Opera and Firefox is that while Opera is a very high featured browser and has a horde of functions right out of the box, Firefox's default installation does away with all the unnecessary (and in some cases, necessary) baggage and is basically a stripped down alternative to Opera. However, Firefox has a huge community supporting it and supports infinite customisation options by way of extensions, plug-ins and skins. Opera does offer some customisation options by way of widgets, skins and manually editing the configuration file, but that's about it. However, I prefer Opera because in a size smaller than that of Firefox, it offers a lot of features in the standard installation for which you would have to hunt a lot in the huge database of Firefox's extensions and some of them might even be missing completely. Plus, there are many features that you normally would not download from Firefox's database on free will, but once you use them in Opera, you will realise how great the feature is (an example would be mouse gestures).
For a detailed post on fifteen reasons why I prefer Opera over Firefox, you may read this post.

thnx a lot aryayush ..this is the answer i was looking 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom