Curious Guest

Journeyman
Opera 8.02 Build 7668 for Windows without Java

What's New in This Release:
· Fixed a crash that could occur when clicking links
· Improved handling of the HTTP 204 status code
· Plugged a memory leak related to XMLHttpRequest (seen at Gmail, for

instance)
· SVG animations are now disabled along with GIF animations (F12)
· Fixed several crashes
· Fixed various small problems
· User Interface
· Fixed a problem with UTF-8 BOM characters that could prevent setup

files from installing.

Homepage - *www.opera.com/products/desktop

Size: 3.64 MB

Download
ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/802tp1/en/ow32enen802tp1.exe

rajesh

Journeyman
Opera Adds BitTorrent

The next version of the Opera Web browser will support peer-to-peer (P2P) technology, which has been the focus of a lot of legal discussions recently.

A technical preview of Opera 8.02 released Thursday allows users to download BitTorrent files directly from the browser rather than downloading the file and using a client application like Azureus to download the full file.

It is available on the Windows, Linux and Macintosh operating system platforms.

Read Full Topic

devilhead_satish

In the zone
Cool. Now no more relying on TurboTorrent or Morpheus. Sadly the Technical preview is only for a select band of people. If anyone gets their hands on it do upload it somewhere or give us the link.

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
That's great news.Opera has always been innovative.They always try to make browsing a better experience by introducing new stuffs everytime....

whim_gen

Journeyman
Hmm
wonder if Opera along with BitTorrent are gonna sued by RIAA for "creating/promoting software which were created with the intention of sharing software which violates the intellectual copyrights of the artists/companies thereof"??
I know RIAA S**** and so does the statement of theirs(see above)
legal craaph from the land of the lawyers

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
whim_gen said:
Hmm
wonder if Opera along with BitTorrent are gonna sued by RIAA for "creating/promoting software which were created with the intention of sharing software which violates the intellectual copyrights of the artists/companies thereof"??
I know RIAA S**** and so does the statement of theirs(see above)
legal craaph from the land of the lawyers

Not every torrent is illegal
just because its found that torrents are being used moreover for illegal purposes
there are people using it for legal purposes
take for instance opera itself its giving you a torrent link
of thier latest browser to download
so i see no riaa interfearing cause if this was so opera would have never
put up this feature

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
I have faced some problems with opera 8 and I am forced to use Opera 7.6.
Now I get Opera 8.02 and the problem just disappeared. Thank you for informing.
I think each slight change in interface make me more and more attached to it.
:!: :)

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
Shareaza or something else may do that for us.
But I think if Opera come with these things that will make it more and more powerful.
But there should come a lot more.

devilhead_satish

In the zone
How does one register at the Opera forums? Because even for seeing a certain topic u have to be registered. BTW i already have an Opera account.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
@ indyan - I am rally sorry that I have't noticed the edit button upto this time , I am really sorry for double posting. The same thing occur in another topic and a noble man noticed it and I apologised. After that I didn't post twice one after other but just edited the first one. I will never repeat double posting again.

And I use Opera and it is my wish if Opera come with something more. Definitely the feature that you said is really good, and I wish if Opera come with some more features like integrations with popular download managers and torrent clients. And opera should also support webfonts. Only IE support webfonts now, and some popular news sites use this technology for displaying local languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom