OpenSuSE updater applet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Hi

The applet starts fine, searches for updates fine, but when I click on install, then it asks for root password, and on clicking on continue after entering the password, nothing happens.

I waited for about 10 minutes on 2 occasions, but nothing happens after entering the root password. What may be the problem? Should I reinstall it? How?

Aditya

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
You got the right repos? You can try this site for extra repos. You really get a LOT of updates. *linux.wordpress.com/2006/12/11/opensuse-102-list-of-recommended-repositories-for-yast/

Thanks to Mehul for the site :)

OP
aditya.shevade

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ It can find updates. I can see a long list. But whenever I click install and then.. read the first post. Repos are correct.

phreak0ut

Try removing the repos and add it again. If it can probe for it, it should work fine. If this doesn't help, try reinstalling the zen-updater. Dunno, if it is safe, but worth a try I guess :D
TRY IT YOUR RISK

OP
aditya.shevade

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ Ah.. zen updater sucks. Kalpik asked me to use this applet, cause zen has been having problem since the first time I installed SuSE.

About the removal of rpms, I will give it a try, but still, t's kinda like the last resort....

Aditya

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I've thrown zen updater out alltogether in my Open SuSE 10.1. I use software management in YaST. Its a LOT more easier :)

phreak0ut

^^But isn't it easier to have constant updates at your hand rather going through it in YaST?

phreak0ut

Try uninstalling the applet and reinstalling it. Something wrong with applets on this distro I guess. My gnome-applets were corrupt, dunno the reason. The reinstall should do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom