Opensuse 11 and my stupid Netgear WG111

Status
Not open for further replies.
So,finally I have Opensuse 11 on my PC and it's so awesome so far but no internet!!
I don't have a PCI-E WiFi card.I use Netgear WG111 WiFi USB dongle and I have only Windows drivers for it.How do get it to work on Opensuse 11?
Wine?

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Try the Network Settings in Yast :) Maybe it can help you.. I even get problem with MY DSL In bridge mode. while works i Ubuntu and other :) Though playing with Network manager worked :)

Dude,I have a completely different story here.No LAN cards,WiFi card,it is a USB WiFi modem which need those sh1tty drivers.Oh those toddling dongles.They suck!

Use ndiswrapper to install windows driver. It should work.

This might work.Lemme try but..im a noob at linux and all need a bit of help.Care to explain or point me to some guide or something?

Last edited:

amitava82

MMO Addict
you ARE noob i see.. there are couple of versions of WG111
follow this tutorial: *www.tuxmagazine.com/node/1000167
If you dont get it, ping me at my nick at gmail.com

Mine is version one.If it were version two there would have been v2 at after WG111.How would I know that?Don't call anyone 'noob' without proper reasons.There was no v1 or v2 after its name.How the hell could I figure it out?
I would have known the version if I had bought it myself.Some idiot computer guy got it for me.

And thanks for that link.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
yeah.. Mac users.. they suck big-time at trouble-shooting and technical stuff... sunnay, IMHO, i think that u should try messing around with YaST.. maybe it'll solve ur problem..

pre-processed black box
iMac comes in a white box.Pawned!:p

yeah.. Mac users.. they suck big-time at trouble-shooting and technical stuff... sunnay, IMHO, i think that u should try messing around with YaST.. maybe it'll solve ur problem..
Just to add to your very little knowledge about me,I have used Linux for about 2-3 months and I tell you I had a lot of troubleshooting to do.My GPU wasn't supported but I somehow managed to get it working.C'mon I got my Mac just 2 months ago!
YaST won't help.That stupid thing needs drivers.

Please people stop generalising.
Sanity has prevailed.:D

Will try NDISwrapper today.Let's see if it helps.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
The adapter works fine on ndiswrapper according to the wiki, see here

*ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/joomla/index.php?/component/option,com_openwiki/Itemid,33/id,list_m-n/

entry number 9

For starters, you can install ndiswrapper through YaST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom