OpenOffice.org 2.2 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
OpenOffice.org is a multiplatform and multilingual office suite and an open-source project. Compatible with all other major office suites, the product is free to download, use, and distribute. OpenOffice.org is sponsored by Sun Microsystems, which is the primary contributor of code to the Project. Over 180,000 people from every nearly every curve of the globe have joined this Project with the idea of creating the best possible office suite that all can use. They do so under the auspices of "open source."

Source : *www.neowin.net/index.php?category=software

Download : ftp://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/mirror/OpenOffice/developer/OOF680_m1/OOo-Dev_OOF680_m1_Win32Intel_install.exe

borg

In the zone
Openoffice is toast. It won't be able to compete with Office 2007 with the current rate of growth.

OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
borg said:
Openoffice is toast. It won't be able to compete with Office 2007 with the current rate of growth.

Completely Agreed

But still there are some who cannot afford MS Office 2007
because of its sheer cost

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Thanks for the info techtronic...

BTW how many of us, do you think, buy an original copy of MS Office 2007 just for typing a letter or simple text editing needs. Most of us don't need such advanced features...And i think OpenOffice is moving towards right direction...

Last edited:

shankar_ganesh

Journeyman
Why Can't Microsoft Give The Office Suite Along With Windows,
Or Atleast For A Low And Affordable Price? They Already Have Billion$ Of Dollar$

OP
techtronic

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
shankar_ganesh said:
Why Can't Microsoft Give The Office Suite Along With Windows,
Or Atleast For A Low And Affordable Price? They Already Have Billion$ Of Dollar$

You are trying to make Microsoft bundle Office with Windows which I think would be possible only when people stop using Office
:D

Pathik

Google Bot
till MS doesnt take real strong anti piracy measures... i dont think many ppl ll be inclined to use openoffice... for many ppl (incl me) both are free...

borg

In the zone
hmmm...an average home user doesn't even have to use openoffice. He can use wordpad, kedite, etc just fine. I wasn't speaking from the cost point of view.

frankly, Openoffice has fallen behind times. When was Openoffice 2 released?. When is ver 3 coming?. Will there be a ver 3?

kumarmohit

Technomancer
OpenOffice.org does need a radical overhaul. If it can get rid of its speed issue for example as well as offer more customizability. The 3rd version can be expected late this year or early next.

I for one, am sticking with 1.1.5 coz I dont need database part and it performs better for me than 2XX versions.

General Maximus

Right off the assembly line
OpenOffice is completely useless when it comes to ANYTHING beyond editing simple formatted documents. I don't know why they haven't given up on it already. I don't see much of a difference between any two consecutive versions of Oo_O.

The functionality Oo_O provides has already been implemented online in Google Docs, ThinkFree, Zoho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom