OpenOffice bundles Mozilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

El mooooo
Even though its old news but I did not see anyone posting about it on forums so here it goes:
Future versions of OpenOffice.org will come bundled with Mozilla's Thunderbird email client and Lightning calendar application.

The open source office suite is also planning to revamp its system for building and installing extensions by the end of the month by introducing an extensions system like that of Mozilla's Firefox browser. The process of developing, selecing and managing extensions will be standardised and simplified, according to Charles H. Schulz, the lead of OpenOffice.org's Native Language Confederation.

Source: TechWorld

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
That is good but just office suit without the Mozilla components should be available too. No point in wasting bandwidth if you are not gonna use those.

OP
eddie

eddie

El mooooo
I don't think OOo is getting modular anytime soon. If there were choices in installing/downloading what you want it would have been way better but it is all easier said then done. If we are downloading and installing things like Base, Draw and Math then small stuff like calendar and email programs should not bother us. IMHO it just makes the suite a little more complete...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom