Opening IE sites in firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

anantkhaitan

Burning Bright
I use BSNL Broadband service and often i need to check my download/upload status...
but in Linux there is no IE Tab for Firefox. Perhaps those guys are using this "navigator.appName" function to detect my browser. Can anyone tell me how open this sites..

Friends : i disabled Javascript from preference and hurray site was opening but now i was unable to login bcoz it uses javascript..

Last edited:

dissel

Cyborg Agent
You can use IE in Linux too
here is the link how

Or you can use Opera :-

right click the page ---> Edit site preference-->Network----> Identify as Internet Explorer.

Or You can use Konqueror web browser to do the same. (If you are in KDE)

Tools--->Change Browser Identification--->Identify As--->Internet Explorer---->Version 6.0 on Windows XP

Right now I forget the link how FF can handle the BSNL portal....
Please any one.....
Thanks

Last edited:

amitava82

MMO Addict
Is there any 'Microsoft Virtual machine' plugin for firefox? Sharekhan online trading system use a applet which require MVM, java does not work...

eddie

El mooooo
Wow!!! Microsoft Java Virtual Machine? Seriously? imho you should call these Sharekhan guys and blast them rather than accepting such prohibitory methods. If they still don't listen then you should seriously consider giving your business to some other company. A few users follow your route and they'll learn their lesson.

eddie

El mooooo
Yeah...I saw someone else using mine a few days ago so had to keep the novelty going :)

BTW about Sharekhan...you should first write to them that you are switching to Linux and their current setup doesn't allow you to access their system this way. If they don't respond positively then you should consider getting them listed in Hall of Shame
*www.lug-delhi.org/wiki/HallOfShame/Websites

OP
anantkhaitan

anantkhaitan

Burning Bright
@ dissel
Friend I use the same technique for Konqueror.
@pathiks
Where will I find this user agent in firefox.

Thanks for ur help friends but i wanted to run those sites in firefox..
If somehow we could restrict this browser check script from executing we will be able to open it .. as i already mentioned before that when i disabled Javascript in my FF, that Portal site was opening without any problem..

I tried No Script and Greasemonkey but i don't know how to use them..
is there anything we can do with 'user.js'

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Check for user agent switcher or some similarly named extension for firefox on *addons.mozilla.org
Well I will try writing to those people too. I didn't know about that they're using MS JVM. My friend did want to use linux but this one site was the thing that prevented him from doing so.
I even searched the net for a soln. to this but only found one good result but that too was negative. If they don't respond favourably I will definitely consider reporting that site to be put up on ILUGD's Hall of Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom