Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
Dial Up - 5x Faster, Broadband DSL - 3x Faster

Revolutionary new technology. Easy to install simple to use

For PC, Mac or PocketPC, no wires, no engineers, no hassle

Works with any Internet connection in any country

The real alternative to Broadband DSL. Why wait any longer?

Website

Also in India

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Where did you come to know about this???If you are sure this service is free, tell me more about this..

expertno.1

Technomancer
hey man it just takes

Rs, 175 a month and uses the compression technique to transfer high speed data

i read today in the

THE TIMES OF INDIA newspaper

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
It dosen't work for torrents or any other downloads because these things are already compressed. It only speeds up surfing.

Biplav

In the zone
lets make certain things clear.
onspeed significantly increases the browsing speeds.
thats it. it wont affect the download speeds.
so torrent download speeds wont be affected

digen

Youngling
Well I'm a bit skeptical regarding Onspeed.
But I would appreciate if anyone would post some benchmarks or something similar to make me think otherwise.
I dont even know whether there is something called as a "browsing benchmark software or website"[that would be something indeed :) ] but would be nice if someone has any screenshots or anything that would help.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
Will it give enough value for money?
For a dialup user if broadband is available at almost the same cost, then it is better to go for it rather than using onspeed on the existing dialup, I think.

cryptid

Journeyman
this is good for ppl who have a data tranfer limit it will compress the files and less data is transfered but for ppl expecting a increase in the download speeds can forget it, it just wont work check out the limitations of the software on its homepage

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Costs u 125 rs per month or so... actually yearly pay...

Came to know long back...

But wait... if u wanna download items... forget it maan...

Basically it compresses webpages and other web media, then downloads them to our machine, then uncompresses it...

Also pics and other media are reduced in quality to compromise on dl speed, ie there is a reduction in pic quality, that reduced pic is dlded to ur m/c

So... basically it's just like "compress & download"
So won't work for dl of *.exe, *.mpg....... and dldble media....

Take only if u use for browsing online... and not downloadin...

sahil_blues

In the zone
just tried onspeed trial....pretty good for idle surfing.....but it really makes the pictures look bad as it compress them too much resulting in a really bad picture quality with all the pixels visible....

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
cvvikram said:
Will anybody try it??? or anybody has tried it.?????

I have tried OnSpeed trial for 7 x 9 times.......... Yeah I registered for OnSpeed Trial 9 times........................ (yeah its illegal)

Who knows better........ It is the best software to increase internet speed............ Actually, the technology they are using is just great........ I shud really appreciate the one who first got this idea............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom