Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
*only to be seen by hardcore gamers*

Not really ,It should be "only to be seen by hardcore and wealthy gamers."

btw , yeah old news.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I doubt that whats go gr8 in 7950 GX2 nd multi GPU can be seen od some 1 year old cards. Remember some old Digit's GCard stootout in which there was a Gainward card with 2x6800GT linked with SLI on SINGLE PCB. Then why this 7950 has 2 PCB? And even if it has 2x512 MB only 512 is available[as said in that review that both mem chips holds same date]. Then is nvidia that stupid? After all they have underclocked the GPUs nd mem also.
Also as bout perfomance there is not really a big margin b/w 7900GTX nd 7950...considering there is 2x7900 GPU in it. Its sure 2x7900GTX or even GT standalone cards in SLI would do more than that.
Anyway why quarell bout a dream...

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls
aravind_n20 said:
I doubt that whats go gr8 in 7950 GX2 nd multi GPU can be seen od some 1 year old cards. Remember some old Digit's GCard stootout in which there was a Gainward card with 2x6800GT linked with SLI on SINGLE PCB. Then why this 7950 has 2 PCB? And even if it has 2x512 MB only 512 is available[as said in that review that both mem chips holds same date]. Then is nvidia that stupid? After all they have underclocked the GPUs nd mem also.
Also as bout perfomance there is not really a big margin b/w 7900GTX nd 7950...considering there is 2x7900 GPU in it. Its sure 2x7900GTX or even GT standalone cards in SLI would do more than that.
Anyway why quarell bout a dream...

agree with him..

vmp_vivek

In the zone
I agree that dual 7900 GTX can have higher performance in SLI, but this card has 1 GB memory, which is incorrectly posted as 512 MB in the review. This card is like a single card which boosts the performance than the "single" 7900 GTX. Point is this single card is capable of giving more performace than any other cards. Even though expensive, I like it pretty much.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Now doing some search in net nd found that this card is not like previous multi GPU cards. U can add two of them and run in SLI forming 4GPUs that is a quad SLI. nvidia is planning to increase the number of GPUs to 8 nd higher and can be expected to launch in near furure.
But my question is:
WHO THE HELL NEEDS SO MUCH POWER???.
Even with a single 7900GTX u can play any game on a 19" monitor at max res@max quality. I think they wanna beat a Ferrari with their PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom