only motherboard gets powered up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
Last night, i pressed the sleep button on the keyboard to see what it would do. i got logged out and the screen said either preparing to standby or preparing to sleep. i booted it back up (it booted normally; didn't go to the welcome screen), and did it again. it was blinking like it was on standby. this time, i didn't care to turn it back on and went to sleep.The next morning there was no light blinking and when i turned on my computer, there is no display and no power to the keyboard and mouse. only the motherboard gets powered. So Please help how can i wake up this computer from sleep?

theraven

Technomancer
usually the computer comes off from sleep after pressing the enter or spacebar buttons

did u try pressing any keys except the num lok and caps lock keys ?

OP
M

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
Hey the computer is not at all starting up when i press Power button.Infact nothing is happening.I will try once again with another PSU.Lets see...

My kids want to play SIMS game urgently.So please help as soon as possible.

crashuniverse

In the zone
reinserting ram may help. it once happened to me while i switched from mbd to graphics card. give it a try too. takes 2 min.

OP
M

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
My problem is that the computer is not starting when i press the power button.The green light on the mobo is on.Whats actually happening is when i press the power button the system is starting for half second and the cpu fan starts to spin then it shuts off.

Earlier it used to shutdown automatically after half second but then it used to power up normally.I searched for this problem in many sites and found that many people are facing the same problem.So whats all this?

I opened up the case and removed all the connections from the motherboard.and connected my working PSU then placed the Processor gently in the slot with the heatsink.Then conneced the Power SW cable from the case to the motherboard.Then switched on the system .Fan starts to spin but after half a second it turns off.The green light on the mobo is still on.I even removed all the jumpers and resetted CMOS but the same this happens.I changed about 3 PSUs but still the same problem.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I guess ur pagefile should have been corrupted while 'waking up'. I have seen this happen plenty of times. This may be false however. Do you atleast get the BIOS screen. Hit TAB to get rid of the Mobo manufacturer logo while booting. Up to what point does ur computer boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom