OnePlus 10 dropped in water

sachin.melhotra

Right off the assembly line
I bought a brand new OnePlus 10 Pro 5G two months ago. My kid accidentally dropped the phone into a bucket of water and now its not working. Though the phone came with a one year warranty, the company warranty policy says this will not be covered in that. What can I do about this? Is my phone beyond repair now? Any advise?

Water damage kills a phone, get a new one. Ask for repair costs, if mobo is getting replaced, better get a new one.

Strange that it doesn't have an official IP rating for water resistance. IP-rated phones can easily survive a dunking in freshwater (not salt water).

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Seems like one plus 10 are not water resistant recently pewdipie also put his one plus phone in water and it became dead.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
why they removed water resistance ? OP7 Pro had water resistance, Dave2D did his entire review of his phone underwater.

@OP try ricebag method, put phone under rice bag for 2 days and try it again. If it doesnt work go to service center and ask for repairs.

this is unfair by making only T-mobile version IP68
They don't claim IP rating for international rating. IMO OP phones are becoming more & more Oppo/vivo, thus worthy of being blindly ignored for recommendation like oppo & vivo.

It seems BBK is marketing Realme & iQoo for the vacant spot. I can't comprehend what's going on, why try to fix something that was not broken. Likely this roadmap led to exit of Carl Pei & formation of Nothing.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
They don't claim IP rating for international rating. IMO OP phones are becoming more & more Oppo/vivo, thus worthy of being blindly ignored for recommendation like oppo & vivo.
Its not about claiming. Either you add a feature in all variants or don't add at all. Now in India people will have less option with OP10 to be a water resistant phone.

And after watching the videos of OP10 Pro (T-mobile ver) water test, people with damaged phone in India be like....WTF!!! :shock:

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Its not about claiming. Either you add a feature in all variants or don't add at all. Now in India people will have less option with OP10 to be a water resistant phone.

And after watching the videos of OP10 Pro (T-mobile ver) water test, people with damaged phone in India be like....WTF!!! :shock:
Companies add or remove features based on the market and also certification means more cost. Most companies these days have ways to detect presence of water and use it mostly deny warranty. I have heard ample reports of Oneplus doing it recently.

gadgetgeek2921

Right off the assembly line
I bought a brand new OnePlus 10 Pro 5G two months ago. My kid accidentally dropped the phone into a bucket of water and now its not working. Though the phone came with a one year warranty, the company warranty policy says this will not be covered in that. What can I do about this? Is my phone beyond repair now? Any advise?
Hi, so sorry to hear that. These things are bound to happen with kids around. I have had a similar experience, but when I purchased my OnePlus 9T, I had also bought an add-on OnePlus Care which came with accidental damage protection plan. This turned out to be a saviour for me, else I would have had to buy a new phone and discard my OnePlus phone. For now, you can try taking it to a OnePlus repair centre and get it checked. But for future, please keep this in mind.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Whoa. I guess this is why I paid a premium to buy my LG G6, which came with water resistance certificate back in the day.
And I think I should stick to buying only certified phones :p
Sorry for your loss, sachin.

sudhir_3193

Journeyman
Use a hair dryer to blow air inside your phone, this way water inside mobile will get dry up. I recovered my redmi note 5 by this method. It's working nice now.

Top Bottom