1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

One monitor Two computers - Any solution?

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by rajendra99, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rajendra99

rajendra99 New Member

I want to use one monitor with two PCs. The reason is I got this new fast PC and still have the older slower one. I want to use it for surfing & downloading while I work on my new PC. I want to queue up files for downloading with Flashget on the older PC & then switch to the new PC for work. I don't have space for two monitors but two PCs can be easily accomodated in my desk.

This will also isolate my new (main) PC from security risks of the Internet. Can anybody tell me if there is a switch or any other hardware solution which will allow me to switch between PCs with flick of a button, instead of disconnecting & connecting the datacable everytime?

2. pradeep_chauhan

pradeep_chauhan New Member

Easy, Buy a Dlink (or any other make) KVM switch. This allows us to share a keyboard mouse and monitor between multiple computers. We use these switches to manage the tens of servers we have. Buy a KVM switch that supports two computers.

3. suhas_sm

suhas_sm New Member

oho! cool man n how does it cost in indian market ???? woah ! an article on this rock :)

4. pradeep_chauhan

pradeep_chauhan New Member

in bangalore it sells for about Rs 2000

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.