One-Line Notepad Paragraphs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
it used to bug me reading a 1 line paragraph, and to scroll and scroll to the right; till i made a simple little discovery. felt like sharing it here, with those who may not know about it...

actually, this occurs when the WordWrap setting has not been checked. to set it, select 'Format' in Notepad's main menu and click on 'Word Wrap'. The paragraphs will be formatted to fit the width of the window ! made life a li'l easier for me :)

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
rohan said:
WTF??? is this a tutorial??

its a small, old but handy tip for those who may not know about it.
experts should ofcourse ignore !

this forum is for all u know : noobs, learners, experts, and uber-techies like u too :)

ahref

In the zone
select 'Format' in Notepad's main menu and click on 'Word Wrap'. The paragraphs will be formatted to fit the width of the window !
Thanx for sharing this great piece of info.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
One more thing which I'll want to add is that when u enable Word Wrap feature, the Status Bar will be disabled and the option will also be grayed out in View menu.

But there is a work around for it :D

Just open regedit and goto:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad

And in right-side pane, change the value of DWORD value StatusBar to 1 :)

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
lol :D

thats bcoz registry hacking & resource hacking r my favorite time-pass and I love them :)

but guys! behind this knowledge r ur precious comments & appreciations, which always encourage me to go forward and do something extra-n-special in these fields :)

rohan

In the zone
anandk said:
its a small, old but handy tip for those who may not know about it.
experts should ofcourse ignore !

this forum is for all u know : noobs, learners, experts, and uber-techies like u too :)

now.. please don't be so harsh on this kiddie here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom