One In Five Windows Installs Is Non-Genuine

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Microsoft disclosed Monday that, according to reports collected by the notorious Windows Genuine Advantage tool on millions of users' PCs, 22% of all Windows installs do not pass its validation tests and have therefore been deemed non-genuine. Quoting: 'Since WGA launched in July 2005, over 512 million users have attempted to validate their copy of Windows, Microsoft said. Of those, the non-genuine rate was 22.3 percent...

read more.....

well thats the condition in US
what about india
5 about 5??:D

Aberforth

The Internationalist
~Phenom~ said:
^^even lesser than that . 0.001 in 5.

That would be an extreme. Most of the OEM PCs and Laptops come with Windows XP preinstalled, like mine so the rates would be less. And besides WGA isn't only for US customers, it could have been in your PC too so the statistics would take the world rates (if you believe in Microsoft that is).

T

thunderbird.117

Even people with genuine version of windows are labeled has pirates. WGA tools should get lost. This sort of this will never able to defeat pirates.

My window XP is pirated and next will be vista. I simply can not afford to buy original stuff.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Mine are paid stuff and OEM but yes the piracy rate in India is really high, Except for ppl with OEMs its as rare to find paid copy for windows in domestic use as its to find a system assembler installing Linux. There are people but very very rare:)

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Aberforth said:
That would be an extreme. Most of the OEM PCs and Laptops come with Windows XP preinstalled, like mine so the rates would be less. And besides WGA isn't only for US customers, it could have been in your PC too so the statistics would take the world rates (if you believe in Microsoft that is).
I am working with computers for the last 10 years and yet to see a single PC with original Windows.:D:p:):cool:

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
I have 1 PC with genuine and one with pirated. Among some 50 people that I know here, who have PCs, I am the only one with a genuine one. And I am the only one who uses linux. So it's about 0.00001/5. (I know 1/50 is not that, but I am commenting on India's ratio).

planetcall

Indian by heart
My lappy has preinstalled XP Home which I will soon replace with Vista + XP Pro duo and my home system(desktop) has WinXP Pro which has successfully faked MS to be genuine. :) There are many others like me who passed the WGA with alternate ways ;)

Aberforth

The Internationalist
~Phenom~ said:
I am working with computers for the last 10 years and yet to see a single PC with original Windows.:D:p:):cool:

You are welcome to see my laptop then. :p It has Windows MCE genuine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom