One final question on ps2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
Hi im going to buy this momma of consoles this diwali.What is price in mumbai i have heard its 7k for nodded.what r titles price is it 50rs?how many joystick they provide?is it compatible with my old 20 inch crt tv? PLS reply THANKS:)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
7 k for the small one, 9.5k for the old big PS2(extra 2.5 k for the 80GB hdd if u want) . I don't own any of them but the shopkeeper i contacted said the small one is not worth buying, it goes off after continuos playing for 1-2 hrs. I dont know how true it is but he runs a small gaming shop and has 8 PS2's runing(all big ones). If anyone here has a small PS2 pls tell the problems in it(if any). also mention since how long you own it and how much you play on it.

K

krazyfrog

tarey_g said:
I don't own any of them but the shopkeeper i contacted said the small one is not worth buying, it goes off after continuos playing for 1-2 hrs.
None of that crap is true. I've been owning the new slim ps2 (modded of course) for the past four months and it hasn't given a single problem. I usually run it for 3-4 hours everyday. There's no point in buying the old ps2.
BTW @mandar, the new ps2 costs around 7k in mumbai. Its memory card costs around 700 bucks. They give only one controller with the console. The games cost around 60 bucks. And if your tv has composite inputs (video,audio left/audio right) then you can connect the ps2 to your tv with the supplied composite cable. If you have a hi-fi stereo or amplifier you can connect the audio outputs to get even better sound. I connect my video output to my tv and the audio outputs to my Sony music system. The sound is simply awesome.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
6 - 6.5 K at lami...for titles u will good nos of titles on lami road....search ...u r bound to bump or ri8 stores ;)

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
thanks 4 ur replies guys doesnt ps2 comes with warranty do the games run like original and what is cost of xtra controller

K

krazyfrog

If you buy a modded version (which is what available in most stores) you won't get a warranty. Only if you buy an unmodded version from a proper store like sony world, you'll get a warranty.
The pirated games usually run just as good as the originals. Extra controller costs around 650 bucks depending on shop.

M

mostwanted

dont go for the ps2 cuz it is now going to b phased as ps3 comes i suggest that you wait for the ps3

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
mostwanted said:
dont go for the ps2 cuz it is now going to b phased as ps3 comes i suggest that you wait for the ps3
noway man im not so rich to afford hdtv n release date of ps3 is not declared and is months away

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
tarey_g said:
PS3 is for the rich. even 360 sells in india for 22k officially . Too much man.
Rightly said bro,i can afford only after 2 .3 yrs till then ps2 and pc for me

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
btw , the small PS2 has serious heating problems.

the ups are , less disc error messages , very low noise and obviously compact.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
tarey_g said:
btw , the small PS2 has serious heating problems.

the ups are , less disc error messages , very low noise and obviously compact.

i haev no heating problem....can u tell aftre how many hrs u get heating problem..as haev not used it extensively like i do use my comp ;)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
wizrulz said:
i haev no heating problem....can u tell aftre how many hrs u get heating problem..as haev not used it extensively like i do use my comp ;)

I don't own any ps2 as i said b4 :D , but my cousin is interested in buying one . So i googled for info abt the small ps2 and found ppl are having serious overheating probs.

If ur ps2 is running fine thats cool , if any one else here has a small ps2 pls post the experience u have with the console.

Currently it's even for me

My local video game wala says : NO for the small ps2
wizrulz says ........................ : So far no probs

anyone else has his/her opinion abt this?

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
i have been using the small one fr a year now no problems here...sometimes i use it fr 6-7 hrs at a strecth..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom