Is PHP hotter than others?

• Well, that's not that!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dare_dexter

Broken In
:( Hey Guyz! Here I've got a problem which you are supposed to solve. Please take it serious, bcoz the matter below is damn confusing!
I have bought a web-space from Rediff web hosting (seemed to me cheaper, and doesn't require credit card) .

But I don't know anything about the copyight things, registering my logo and all the above stuff for a fully legal website :!: As a result, I cannot start it, afraid of sinking into some illegal copyright act. Could anybody help me outta this situation anyway? And is there any online registration process of the resources of my website?
Please keep me out, guys! I'm kinda stuck!

tuxfan

Technomancer
Actually, I cannot see any problem in what you said!! You seem to be making a moutain out of a mole hill. :|

BTW, what relation do the poll and the post has? :roll:

OP
dare_dexter

dare_dexter

Broken In
Well, seems you didn't get it!

tuxfan said:
Actually, I cannot see any problem in what you said!! You seem to be making a moutain out of a mole hill. :|

It seems that the question, I'm sorry :wink: , has passed just over your head!
I've been goin' through your brilliant posts for last 6 months, you aren't supposed to get that way! You know every resource in any website, the graphics, the banners , the logo, the information- almost all contents do have a sole proprietor, a company or an individual. I just wanted to know how they secure their resources. I request, please review the question, and enlighten me. You are a knowledge-base,man!

As for the poll, it was a general survey. I just wanted to keep myself updated with the latest methods of web-development. And that's why forums are there, to share views, isn't it?

tuxfan

Technomancer
Re: Well, seems you didn't get it!

dare_dexter said:
tuxfan said:

It seems that the question, I'm sorry :wink: , has passed just over your head!
I've been goin' through your brilliant posts for last 6 months, you aren't supposed to get that way! You know every resource in any website, the graphics, the banners , the logo, the information- almost all contents do have a sole proprietor, a company or an individual. I just wanted to know how they secure their resources. I request, please review the question, and enlighten me. You are a knowledge-base,man!

As for the poll, it was a general survey. I just wanted to keep myself updated with the latest methods of web-development. And that's why forums are there, to share views, isn't it?

Hmm!! Do we have a sarcastic fellow member here? :roll:

Anyway, forums are for enlightenment. Very true. But there is a forum ettiquete. Polls are there to facilitate a topic that you start and not to start two topics in a single thread :lol: Well, carry on. Hope you realise this sooner than later.

As for copyrights, etc. don't bother till you are into something really big. The whole affairs is damn costly!! Copyrights and trademarks are country specific. So if you protect yourself into one country, someone from some other country may use it and you will be helpless. How will you protect yourself in all the countries?

Secondly, even if you have them registered in, say Australia and you find out that someone is violating your copyrights, how will you protect yourself? File a suit in an Australian court? :shock: What about the costs involved?

More than half the sites are running on copied contents. Once pulished on www, your contents can be used over and over again. There is hardly any protection. There may be tools that guarantee you some protection, they are not fool proof. A little tweak here or there and all the protection goes out of the window!!

As for images and logos, you have a watermark with your name but photoshop can do everything. Some layer here or there and it will not be even visible!!

Just get on with th business man. Don't bother about copyrights. Protecting yourself is damn expensive and even after spending so much, you are not sure of protection. I have seen frootie, appy, etc. products of Parle being registered in just a few countries and they paid a sum in six digits. But it was Parle and could afford the costs because it was launching its product in those countries. Do you have even half the resources of Parle? :(

OP
dare_dexter

dare_dexter

Broken In
Wanna thank you!

Hey Tux, thanks a bunch buddy! The info were really helpful. But trust me, no sarcasm exists. :lol: Anyway, now I can start a professional web-hosting. Wish me all sorts of luck, dude! :wink:
You know how exactly you have enlightened me. You made me realize about the forum etiquette! I'm serious, I admit there was little link between the poll and the topic.
Watch for my coming :arrow: QnA, Bro! I'll be delighted to get your suggestions.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Here's some luck coming your way!! All the best :D

But I guess, there are better options available then rediff for hosting.

How much did you pay for it?
How much space and bandwidth did you get?
What are the features?
What free CGI scripts do you get?
Is it Linux or Windows?
Is it PHP/MySQL enabled?

You may feel these are too many questions. But all this info (and much more!!) is important and I hope you paid attention to all these before paying up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom