onboard sound vs sound card

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by ritwickgupta, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ritwickgupta

ritwickgupta New Member

i want to do comparison between on board sound of a8n-e n a mid range sound card of abt 2-2.5k. is it worth goin for sound card if i m buyin a gud 5.1 speaker...(like logitech 5300)???????

2. john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate No pain....No gain

Certainly if u r buying a speaker such as the LOGITECH 5300 then invest in some good soundcard, maybe a Creative Audigy 2 ZS. Onboard audio solution are for casual listners like an onboard video solution is for casual gamers.

3. shovik

shovik Banned

Certainly if you are going for a new 5.1 Speaker system then you should definitely opt for a separate sound card.

This would release the resources held by the CPU when using the onboard sound trying to render audio to your new speaker set. and will not only enhance the quality of the sound but also will improve the total performance of the system.

Creative Labs Audigy 2 Platinum would be a good choice for you.

Regards,
    Shovik.

4. suave_guy

suave_guy pedal to metal

i agree with all of you guys and even i'm currently using asus A8N-E onboard soundcard and the rear channel effects is very poor....

actually i'm also gonna buy logitech z-5300 speakers soon and i'm also looking for a separate soundcard...so guys suggets the best performing soundcard with a decent price....i cant spend more than 3-4K on a soundcard

can anyone give the pricelist of some of the poupular sound cards??

thanks in advance...

ENjoy...

5. shovik

shovik Banned

As ur budget demands you can get Hercules Gamesurround Muse™ 5.1 DVD(value for money) and if you wanna cope with 16bit audio then go for Hercules Gamesurround Muse™ Lt.
    Both these Hercules cards are topnotch budget performers and their price tag is around Rs.2,900-Rs.3,200.

For creative cards you can opt for SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY Value and AUDIGY 2 Value and SOUND BLASTER LIVE M 5.1, giving high quality 24bit audio for any kind of sound.
    The price of this ranges from Rs.2,450-Rs.3,900.

Regards,
    Shovik.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.