OnBoard GraphiX on Intel 915 Board!! & Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...

I am thinking of upgrading my PC to 915Chipsets but later lack the money to buy a good PCI-EX Graphic Card.

I wanted to knw how Onboard (915) perfom...
I knw its Dx9.
I will will be happly if at all the onboard gives 20-30FPS for Counter Strike Source!

At present i am using Geforce 5200FX

Ya price too :wink:

G

gxsaurav

Well, the 5200 beats the GMA900 in 915G hands down, due to the fact it has hardware Vertex units which the 915G lacks, I would say do not upgrade now to the PCI-E plateorm, not required yet

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Beside lacking hardware vertex shaders, the card lacks shader power ! And btw siddharth_menon CS:source refused to run GMA on dx9 switching back to dx 8.1. You might get those figures @ 800 rez with all effect turned down. The cheapest option for a PCi-E card is the Nvidia PCX 5300.

ganesh8

Broken In
blade_runner said:
Beside lacking hardware vertex shaders, the card lacks shader power ! And btw siddharth_menon CS:source refused to run GMA on dx9 switching back to dx 8.1. You might get those figures @ 800 rez with all effect turned down. The cheapest option for a PCi-E card is the Nvidia PCX 5300.

Other cheap options include ATI radeon X300SE or X300 or X600

ice

In the zone
On my fx5600xt, i get like 30-45 Fps @ 1024x
and 40-55 @ 800x

All effects on high.

But thats still not enough, too used to my nomral 100 fps.

rohanbee

Padawan
I have the 915 series board and believe me games on this intel graphics 900gma are not too much to speak about . Only if you are willing to shell out on a PCI-express card that makes up-gradation worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom