Onboard Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

biswarup

ComputationalArcheologist
Please suggest me a motherboard for AMD Athlon 64 3200+ which has onboard graphics with atleast 128 MB memory. My budget is 6000/-. It should also have SATA support.

Is the graphics chip enough to play new games, or I should buy a separate graphics card?

Which 17" Flat monitor is better LG Flatron or Samsung Syncmaster 798MB Plus?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Re: arre biswarup

dada_patekar said:
abbe koi lale "asus" ka dada hamesha sahi salha deta hain
Look Sh*thead If you can't give straight advice then stop fooling around the forum.

@biswarup:For a budget of 6k You can easily obtain a MSI's RS480 M2 IL with onboard Graphics or even the recently launched Asus A8N-VM model which features the all new Nvidia's 6100 Chipset.Both of them can allocate a Max of 128MB of onboard memory.Both of them have SATA support.Infact A8N-VM supports SATA II :D.Both of these Mobo's must be around 4.5k atleast.
As for the Monitor,I reckon better opt for a Acer AF715 or the Viewsonic E72f both of which are pretty decent 17" Monitors IMO.

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
yah the msi or asus mobo suggested will be a good and pocket-friendly choice...also since they have pci-e slots u can add a good gfx card later also.

but one thing ought to b kept in mind....there are 2 versions to the amd athlon 3200+, the socket 754 and the socket 939

the asus mobo suggested above supports only 939 pin processor, while there are probably 2 versions to the msi rs480...one for socket 754 other for socket 939....in case u have the older 754 pin processors then go in for msi rs480 for around 4700

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
Asus A8N-vm (6100 onboard) is perfect for u. if u want u can get asus A8N-vm CSM too. it has 6150 onboard

samsung have better service

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
The MSI k8ngm2, would, IMHO, be a better choice than the options suggested till now...based on the new Nforce IGP

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
i think samsung 798 mb plus's grr8. even better tha viewsonic E72f . acer AF715 is bulky and consumes lot o power and dosent look that good.
btw
@contactram for how much ddid u get 798mb+??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom