on laptops athlon or pentium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
well for lappy nothin beats intel centrino,go for it u'll get gr8 performance wid awesome batt backup.

magnet

Youngling
presently centrino rules.......amd lacks in wireless connectivity feature hence they r no match against intel in lappy business

Kniwor

Learner
Replies to this question may vary from person to person, it also depends on what u are planning to use these laptops for.

If u care too much for battery life u are better off with a intel centrino,
Otherwise, i will strongly reccomend amd turion based laptops.

magnet

Youngling
i guess this topic may b in mobile section inorder to get mor answer...also related topics to this r present r there

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
amd generates less heat than intel.....so heat wise i recommend amd. in a country where summer temp hovers around 45 degree, heat is a major factor....so think bout amd...it consumes less electricity as well :)

indro

In the zone
Turion 64 is very good in terms of performance and price, when it comes to BAT backup, the centrino had more backup than turion in idle mode, when its in full load ,turion gives 10% more batt backup.
Performance is more or less similar because for turions ,AMD gave more preference to clock speed to cope up with Intel PentiumM .The price compariosn will clearly indicate that its directly compared with clock speeds when it comes to comparison of Turion - Centrino , for ex 1.6 model,1.7 1.8 2.0 and 2.2 .2.2 with comparison to 2.26 P-M.Both the Chips , when compared has nearly the same WATT ratings , 28W and 24 WATT etc . The reason why the Turions are not being able to cope up with Centrino in BAT backup in Idle state is because it still uses DDR400 compared to DDR2's in P-M's which uses low power .This problem should be resolved in Jan when AMD will introduce DDR2 based solutions.Also Turions have S 754 with single channel controller.

The difference between the two procesoors in WATT rating is due to the fact that AMD's has the Nothbridge on board,whereas the Intel P4's has it on the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom