Omega 10 Desktop Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

Beyond Smart
The Red Hat community engineer behind the Fedora Games and Fedora Xfce media spins, Rahul Sundaram, had announced the release of Omega 10 Beta this past weekend. Omega is a desktop/mobile Linux distribution that is based upon Fedora but includes packages from the Livna RPM repository. The Omega 10 Beta release is roughly equivalent to the Fedora 10 Beta to be released tomorrow, but integrates multimedia support not found in Fedora along with delivering other added functionality.

*www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=omega_10_beta&num=1

sarincv

Journeyman
*www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-September/msg00015.html

here is the actual link.....

but only the live cd version is available to download.....

and I would like to try if it can be installed on my hard disk rather than running from CD

it comes with vlc, mplayer and xine

Last edited:

ThinkFree

Technomancer

here is the actual link.....

but only the live cd version is available to download.....

and I would like to try if it can be installed on my hard disk rather than running from CD

it comes with vlc, mplayer and xine

We proudly present to you, dear users with Omega. Omega is a Linux based operating system suitable for desktop and laptop users. It is a Live CD for regular PC (i686 architecture) systems that includes a variety of free and open source software from Fedora and Livna repository. You can try it out on a computer or install it to the hard disk. This is a BETA release with a snapshot of the latest bleeding edge development packages for early testing and feedback. It is roughly similar to the upcoming Fedora 10 Beta release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom