1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Old PC, New Graphics Card ...

Discussion in 'Graphic cards' started by eric_pereira, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric_pereira

eric_pereira New Member

Hi,

I'm from Goa.

I have old PC (Born September 5, 1999) with a Jetway J-542B motherboard supporting an AMD K6-2 @ 350 Mhz with 128 MB SDRAM and my SiS6326 AGP Accelerator just died (Finally!).

Please suggest a good cheap graphics card that my motherboard supports and allows me to play todays games at normal settings. How much will it cost?

Thanks,
    Eric

2. Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt New Member

well for your motherboard if it has a AGP Slot then you can definetly try for a graphics card such as the Geforce 2 Mx 400 with 64 MB of video Ram which will cost u just Rs.2,000 currently which can run most of todays games at a breeze frame rate but with your configuration it hardly seems enough to run the games at a good rate and if u need an even cheaper solution there is the good old Nvidia Riva TNT 2 graphics card with 32 Mb Of Video Ram(if it still Exits in the market that is) it is the cheapest card availabe at Rs.800 at the max.try upgrading ur systems a little bit to get a decent performance from ur graphic card ot it simply ain't worth putting a graphic card if the system spec is that low.good luck.

3. BONZI

BONZI New Member

If you want a PCI geforce mx 440 then tell me

4. ujjwal

ujjwal New Member

Lol ... I know what you mean when I think of my celeron ;)

For a graphics card, you will have to mention a budget. A TNT2 M64 or a Geforce 2 are good options, but they wont be able to handle the very new games of today. Also keep an eye out for a S3 Savage 2000. You will be able to play (at maximum) games like FIFA 2003, NOLF 1, Deus Ex etc. Good luck on finding one.

5. Prashray

Prashray New Member

Ati Radeon 9200 or GeForce FX 5200 will be good but i don't know if it will support your motherboard or not.

6. mariner

mariner New Member

how bout a geforce 4 mx 440 8x.will it work on mercury kob p4m266 ndfsmx mobo?
    can ne one help?

7. q3_abhi

q3_abhi New Member

I think Ge-force 2 is best for ur system. Go for it.

8. Nemesis

Nemesis New Member

@q3_abhi: Please do not bump up old threads. This one's nearly a year old!!! Locking this thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.