old drivers details in MY DEVICE MANAGER. how can i update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kool

Cyborg Agent
In my device manager, driver details of all drivers( cd-rom, disk drives ,display adapters, key board, mouse, processor, modems, monitors, ports, usb, sound .... etc etc....) shows:
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 7/1/2001
Driver Version: 5.1.2600.0
Digital Signature: Microsoft Windows Publisher

i'm running on winXP pro SP2 than why my my all drivers details are showing old version with old date??? from where i can get updates of my DRIVERS on websites?
and when i i click on update button for specific drivers(like modem), it shows two option:: search drivers manualy or by automatically.

when i click on about windows, it shows:

Microsoft ® Windows
Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158 : Service Pack 2)
Copyright ©1981-2001 Microsoft Corporation

indro

In the zone
Use Windows Update , do the complete update if possible , if you have a broadband connection .

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
the date shown is 2001 coz that is the standard date on XP if u r using default windows drivers....it doesnt matter whether u use SP2....as soura said, list ur config with all manufacturer deatils and we can help u find the latest drivers....or, u can try searching windows update (thru their site at www.windowsupdate.com and use IE 4 this) coz they have some new drivers at times on their site...

busyanuj

In the zone
the Service Pack 2 Win xp allows you to check for updates to your drives from the net.. use that option. (the windows update website is the best way to do that, provided you're using licensed win xp)

besides, win xp was released sometime around nov 2001, so all of it's original drivers date back to that date. nothing wrong in that.

one thing i'll like to know, are you having any problem/conflict due to ur present drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom