ok advanced registry work help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saharika

In the zone
well
i have heard about it so just as query i am posting
i dont know it is legal ? or not if not it can removed but i see lots of similar post here
any way we do have lots of trail version
well some years back my bro came to my machine he used registy and one 30 days trail version software which was not working bcoz it was 2 months old
was again working it dont says trail even means the date was cracked through registry most probably he deleted or changed some thing

so how did is do that?
ok i think that thier are lot of date carckers that is being hakers but using os and doing it is some things inteligent
so do some body have any idea how it can be done
thanks
saha
by the way win 98

suhas_sm

Journeyman
Well most of the time trials work if u change the system time back to the time when u installed it ;)
For ex: U install a program with 30 day time period n change sys date a year forward. it expires imm.
Yeah it is very much possible and easy to do these things by few registry tweaks,windows program disassemblers n hex editors ... :)
CAUTION : Cracking is as illegal Piracy.

Its all in registry what u c n do ;)

[deXter]

Journeyman
Saha said:
so how did is do that?

Obviously lots of sotware store their trial period information, installation dates, activation dates, no of usages count etc all in the registry. So if you have an idea where and what changes were made, simply by deleting or modifying them you can reset the trial peroid. Sometimes it can be as simple as changing a value "Registered=No" to "Registered=Yes" :)

Anyways that sort of stuff were more popular to find amongst older programs. Some newer complex programs use much sophisticated methods of protection. For more details and discussions on all this, check out the "How do crack sites survive" Thread:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9561&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

PS: Btw, this is purely illegal. Regardless whether you can actually run the program or not after the trial period, you are prohibited/forbidden to do so. Running a program after the stipulated trial period is definately illegal.

However, theres hardly any reson to resort to such methods- There are freeware alternatives for almost every software- Some are actually better than the paid versions!

For example, I prefer OpenOffice.org (freeware, open source) instead of the standard Ms Office. However, people are reluctant to shift because they are so used to Ms Office...

And the biggest thing is that people actually DONT use all that advanced features provided in huge software like MsOffice- Especially home users. Theres no point in using Ms Office- They just use it because of lack of awareness, reluctance, popularity and familiarity..

Start looking for freeware alternatives today :)

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

Firefox
Latest Download Count:
*spreadfirefox.com/community/progress_meter/campaigns/one/cache.png

swatkat

Technomancer
Just for the sake of it,i will tell u an interesting way to store registration info used by a software called ByteGuardian.
It creates a file named SndDrv.ini (or something close to this,i have forgot the exact name) and places in Windows\System folder.Everyone thinks that file as a part of Sound Card drivers or so and does not bother about it.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hehe.. Anyone tried cracking Hare ... He'll be delighted :D :D ...

Btw.. nothing wrong here .. Only the concerned ppl will get it :p ...

S

sunnydiv

well, leme give u the holy grail
the way i found to make it easy

- only for educational purposes

downlaod here

URL *ftp.isu.edu.tw/pub/Windows/softking/soft/en/i/InstallRite25.exe

i expect you to be smart enough to figure out the rest

suhas_sm

Journeyman
Sahrika there are few website that offers tutorials for cracking sofwares with examples n tools. But only for educational purposes. I dont know where linking it here is permitted :?

Admins if u dont mind can i link it here ??? its pure educational purpose only .... even after learning that it all depends on the individuals work ability to be able to crack programs :)

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
ok didnt got my point

well registry comes with the OS
they should be concerned about security not us
well i am not trying to crack any thing through external program.
Ok if the crack was only the task i think in 100 90 person has or know about date craker software
which are bundled with any cd now a days
so what i was trying to know was how was this registry tweak done
some body said infact a book that how much do u know os how well do u handle it is all about how well can u play with registry
so that was it
an yway to be frank most people dont know about it so they are bending......
but never mind
know wht i will ask my bro himself
if not as people here say googleis always a good fren
so many people say its a illegal i think its a art
saha
by the way it was too hard for sunny that he believes that some body blindly wil download a exe program
i suggest other alsonotto do so
some times firewall also dont work
A click a website a virus
thanks

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Well.. Saharika ..there are millions of sharewares out there .. and they use smartest measures like encrypting the apps to dumbest measures like putting the regcode in a simple text file .. So it depends on the program and the author what measure he has taken to create a shareware ..
Maybe your brother incidently edited/ deleted some regkey that was related to the software's registration system .. Its just a matter of chance... Nobody can tell you what part of registry he changed or the like ...

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
ok

know what
may be the answer
well i dont know
or
well this is not allowed here would have more
polite and nice than wasting this much space of digit
any way i ....