OiNK.cd Servers Raided, Admin Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
This is the most shocking news to me.....

The servers of OiNK.cd - one of the most popular private BitTorrent trackers - are raided and the admin, a 24-year-old man from Middlesbrough, is arrested.

*torrentfreak.com//images/oink-arrest.jpgThe British and the Dutch police both contributed to the investigation that was initiated by the IFPI and the BPI, two well known anti-piracy organizations. The operation was supported by Interpol who coordinated the international cooperation.
According to early reports OiNk’s servers were confiscated in Amsterdam last week. This seems to be unlikely because the site was still fully functional 24 hours ago. The administrator of OiNK was arrested this morning by the Cleveland Police. The BBC reports that his employer and the home of his father were raided as well.
Jeremy Banks, Head of the IFPI’s Internet Anti-Piracy Unit, said in a reponse to the news: “OiNK was central to the illegal distribution of pre-release music online. This was not a case of friends sharing music for pleasure. This was a worldwide network that got hold of music they did not own the rights to and posted it online.”
OiNK hosted hundreds and thousands of torrents with over a million peers which makes it more popular than most public trackers. The site was known to be one of the first places where leaked music albums appeared, so anti-piracy outfits such as MediaDefender were keeping a close eye on it.
In July the tracker already changed its name from OiNK.me.uk to OiNK.cd due to “legal” issues with their domain registrar. Unfortunately it now seems that the popular private BitTorrent tracker is in bigger trouble.
developing story…

Source

forever

filth is me
this is indeed a bad news. if this is one of the many imminent shakedowns to come, i guess a lot of em scene release torrent sites will face the heat. too bad :(

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^which is available on the official site as a http or ftp download so that you dont have to mess up with seeders and leechers

praka123

left this forum longback
only torrent allowed me to download ubuntu amd64 dvd at 210KB/Sec while the official server(only one,no mirror) crawls at 30-35KB/sec.
who knows tomorrow the rec ind mafia and other forces makes using internet like walking throuh fire :rolleyes: it is these RIAA &co who are eager to force DRM on users.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Whats next.. TorrentLeech going down...Nahiiii <crying>

Hmm.. I always wanted a invite for that tracker...now i dont have took 4 invite..:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom