Office Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
I have MS Office 2003 wid SP1 installed. The problem is wenever i try to copy something on the word from the net directly, WORD hangs, but if i copy the content first to NOTEPAD and then to WORD, it works fine. Any suggestions to rectify it???

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
The problem exists because Word, itself being an HTML editor, assumes that you're trying to retain formatting and perhaps edit it as HTML and tries to retain all formatting thats on the website you're copying from. So it first downloads the content, then tries to retain the source formatting. The fastest way to overcome this is to copy it to Notepad first then copy it into to Word.

shyam911

Journeyman
Yeah it always happens. Guess its a drawback with office2k3. Its worse if u copy some tabled data from a html page to word

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Well, if you want the images too and them to be positioned pretty much the exact same way they were on the page, then you have to wait it out until Word downloads and reformats the page according to the source. There is nothing that one can do about it. If I come across a hack in the Microsoft Office Online help, I will let you know. But as of now, I dont know a way around this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom