Of Remote controls and serials

Status
Not open for further replies.

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
Don't get that title wrong, this post is not about the soaps on your tv, but about serial ports and infra red receivers.
Those who have the misfortune of having an old Avermedia tvcapture 98 tv card or the pleasure of using LIRC can empathize with me.
This is one guys endeavour to get an infra red receiver compatible with WinLIRC/LIRC. No, I dont know soldering and stuff. Hence, this is a desperate request to you good guys here who know where i can buy a compatible Serial port infrared receiver (not IrDA USB gizmos) or if someone nearby makes one and
can sell it to me.

Here is a detailed guide to build one if you can. It seems relatively simple as compared to the stuff
*anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/*lnx.manoweb.com/lirc/?partType=section&partName=introduction

And for those who came in late :
Checkout :
winlirc.sourceforge.net

WinLIRC is a a gr8 app throughwhich you can use any remote ... tv/vcr/music system/soundcard/tv uner/car key?? dunno that last part but checkout the remotes list on *lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/
Whats more, autohotkey recognizes winlirc key events via scripts. So you hacve more than a media center pc. (Don't you want that remote of yurs to checkout you mail, reply them, open a bunch of sites or do a who lot more with just one click ... reminds me of that Adam sandler movie. Gosh I am just lazy, but who doesn't? Ok u gotta learn autoit/autohotkey first)

Much said, nothing done but on that last note... don't ever buy avermedia crap. They are not a bit configurable. Not meant for u if you are a (remote)control freak (LOL)

Oka that was my second post on digit.
Replies awaited gurus

OP
F

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
Yeah sorry i missed the thread. Thing is that i already have those tutorials .
What i meant to say was that if someone could sell be one of those .
i don't have working knowledge of electronic assembly (didn't learn soldering at school).

So if heaven is a bit closer to Delhi, can you please please suggest me some place where i can buy one of those thingies specifically with the circuit requirements of winlirc.

I really like autohotkey.
Already tried girder, remotty, and other pc remote software for the infrared receiver of my tv card. They all suck.

Please.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Well... Heaven isnt closer to Delhi ( a pity ) so I cannot help you in finding those shops .. Dont worry .. someone else will .. :) ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom