OCZ Reaper HPC PC-8500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Does anyone have the OCZ Reaper HPC PC-8500 2GB kit? Hows the performance? How does it compare to the Corsair dominator PC-8500 kit?

Kniwor

Learner
The OCZ Reaper uses Micron D9GMH (B6-3) chips, which are excellent performers, and the ram is quite good. But on the other hand The Dominator is known to use both Micron D9GMH (B6-3), and also the best Micron D9GKX (B6-25E). The chips are handpicked, and hence I will consider that the dominator's have a better probability of having higher clocking chips.

In any case, my guess is both the sticks should easily touch the 1200Mhz mark, I have a D9GMH, and it truly rocks.

@gannu_rox
but I will have to disagree with that, there are better chips than dominator's out there, like the CellShock CS2221440

Last edited:

gannu_rox

In the zone
Agreed bosso...

With the 2 options he gav I selected d best... I know abt cellshock FYI...

OCZ Reaper was a lesser o'clocker frm wat the reviews suggest frm tomshardware...

Here...

*www.tomshardware.com/2007/06/15/hardcore_ddr2_ram_by_corsair/page8.html#speeds_and_timings

And here...

*www.tomshardware.com/2007/06/15/hardcore_ddr2_ram_by_corsair/page4.html

OP
Hells_Fury

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Ok then...thanks for the inputs...Dominator it is...

@gannu - Will wait more than 2 weeks :D System is still in the planning stage...

Last edited:
OP
Hells_Fury

Hells_Fury

In the zone
It may not run at 1066 and may run at only 800 MHz. But you can always OC. Even the 680i LT officially supports only officially supports 800 MHz memory but the PC2-8500 modules work just fine...

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Hells_Fury said:
It may not run at 1066 and may run at only 800 MHz. But you can always OC. Even the 680i LT officially supports only officially supports 800 MHz memory but the PC2-8500 modules work just fine...

so let me hv a conclusion,pc2-8500 from dominatorseries/ocz reaper series is a good choice??

OP
Hells_Fury

Hells_Fury

In the zone
BULLZI said:
so let me hv a conclusion,pc2-8500 from dominatorseries/ocz reaper series is a good choice??
In short, Yes... :D
PC2-8500 is the sweet spot in terms of price/performance ratio...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom