Nvidia to launch DirectX 10 chip in mid-November

Status
Not open for further replies.

crookbond

Broken In
Nvidia is expected to announce the world's first DirectX 10-compliant graphics chip, the GeForce 8800 (codenamed G80), in the middle of November, graphics card makers revealed. However, despite the advantage of early launch, demand for the new graphics processing unit (GPU) will depend on penetration rate of the new Windows Vista OS and availability of new PC games supporting DirectX 10, the makers indicated.

Source :- *www.digitimes.com/news/a20061002A2007.html

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
Was wondering that whether a onboard graphics supporting Mobo with DX10 will be released for my AMD 754 processor

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
G80 Specs LEAKED Info

Some information regarding the possible specs of nVidia's upcoming G80 based boards surfaced on VR-Zone, only to be "quietly" removed later. Thankfully X-bit labs managed to collect the information on the new cards and is written below.

The most important aspect of the leaked documentation are the specs revealed:

- Unified Shader Architecture;
- Support FP16 HDR+MSAA;
- Support GDDR4 memories;
- Close to 700M transistors (G71 - 278M / G70 - 302M);
- New AA mode: VCAA;
- Core clock scalable up to 1.5GHz;
- Shader performance: 2x Pixel/12x Vertex over G71;
- 8 TCPs & 128 stream processors;
- Much more efficient than traditional architecture;
- 384-bit memory interface (256-bit+128-bit);
- 768MB memory size (512MB+256MB)

The unified shader architecture suggests, what the experts have been saying for a while now, that the cards will be support DX10.

According to the same, leaked, information the G80 will surface in November in two varieties, the GeForce 8800 GTX and GeForce 8800 GT priced at a mere USD 649 and USD 449-499 respectively. The GTX model (higher-end) will feature a 384-bit memory interface, a hybrid water and air cooler and 7 TCPs while the GT will have a 320-bit memory interface, a standard air cooler, and 6 TCPs.

No one has actually explained what TCP actually stands for although Techreport has uncovered an nVidia patent which refers to thread control processors. According to the same patent these TCPs will be used to set the function of the unified shader processors.

SOURCE: XBit LABS Forum, Megagames.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Here's the First LEAKED IMAGES of G80 Prototype published by XBit Labs.

Impressions:

* Longer than 7900 GTX about the size of GX2.
* 700 Million transistors.... HEAT baby HEAT !!!! :D
* Nowz the time for a compulsory LIQUID COOLING SYSTEM. :-o
* Bye Bye Small Cabinets... itz the reign of *mass* in gamer community.

*img89.imageshack.us/img89/4378/g80cardbgdq1.th.jpg

*img84.imageshack.us/img84/7997/g80card1bgpa3.th.jpg

*img87.imageshack.us/img87/6327/g80anglebgte6.th.jpg

*img88.imageshack.us/img88/7363/g80angle1bghj6.th.jpg

Last edited:

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
woah....so cool.....and HOt at the same time:)
wonder how it would perform compared to a gx2
prices seem reasonable for such an Xtreeme card

quadfather_amd

Right off the assembly line
jz2linkinpark said:
woah....so cool.....and HOt at the same time:)
wonder how it would perform compared to a gx2
prices seem reasonable for such an Xtreeme card

it is sad to blow the GX2 outta the holy waters....nvidia has told its partners to get rid of G71 inventory....G80 will more than 2 times faster than the 7950GX2 but proper DX10 supporting OS and games have to be available for it to perform to its full potential.....

sabret00the

Youngling
mama mia hw much izi gonna cost bros?So I shud still wait till I build my new PC and get a DX 10 card instead.Wat u say guys?

royal

Padawan
So does this mean prices of existing cards come down :confused:

Maybe finally I can lay my hands on that XFX 7600GT XXX edition at a reasonable price :D

ruthless

Lin Win Mac
I dont think the prices of the existing cards will fall rapidly. DX10 graphics cards will give extreme gaming perfomance but will cost a kidney or two.
It will take some time for them to becom affordable. So most us will have to Keep our old graphics card;)

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
rockthegod said:
G80 Specs LEAKED Info According to the same, leaked, information the G80 will surface in November in two varieties, the GeForce 8800 GTX and GeForce 8800 GT priced at a mere USD 649 and USD 449-499 respectively. The GTX model (higher-end) will feature a 384-bit memory interface, a hybrid water and air cooler and 7 TCPs while the GT will have a 320-bit memory interface, a standard air cooler, and 6 TCPs.
the card is cheaper than current top-model cards

sabret00the

Youngling
Mainstream DirectX10 cards to arrive in Spring 2007

Once Windows Vista is released as a final version, there will be a very large gap between DirectX 10 and the hardware that supports it. There will certainly be a few DX10 solutions. NVIDIA is launching it's G80 series of graphics cards on November seventh, and ATI's R600 GPU's should reach market around January or February 2007. However, most people don't have the money or need for a high-end DX10 GPU. And so NVIDIA is working hard to create a nice sub $99 DX10 graphics card, and should have something available in spring 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom