nVIDIA selection .. which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

°¨°êXтà§ÿ°¨°

Right off the assembly line
Hey people!!

I would wanna know .. that out of the nVIDIA geforce 6600 and 7300 .. which one i should buy?

Nvidia 6600GT features:
Graphics Bus PCI Express
Memory Interface 128-bit
Memory Bandwidth 16.0 GB/sec
Fill Rate (texels/sec.) 4.0 billion
Vertices per Second 375 million
Memory Data Rate 1000 MHz
Pixels per Clock (peak) 8
RAMDACs 400 MHz

Nvidia geforce 7300 GT features:
Graphics Bus Technology PCI Express
Memory Interface 128-bit
Memory Bandwidth 10.7GB/s
Fill Rate (Billion pixels/sec) 2.8
Vertices/Second (Millions) 350
RAMDACs 400MHz

FIRSTLY ... It may be seen that the 6600 is much better in technicality .. but the 7300 belongs to a newer n much innovative series ..

SECONDLY ... Will the both will compatible with Windows Vista?

THIRDLY ... Both cost me almost the same price ... So budget aint a problem

FOURTHLY ... I was asked by the vendor whether i had a PCI Express motherboard .. or a motherboard with a REGULAR agp slot .. WHATS THE DIFERENCE?
Would the above two cards be compatible with either versions of the motherboard? Im running P4 2.4 gigs on 1gb ram

PLZ HELP ME IN MAKING MY SELECTION ...

REPLIES AWAITING ...

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well 7300GT may be a 7 series card .. but the 6600GT should do better ... but i think u should be able to get a 7600GS ..

tiblu

Broken In
ya deathvirus is right u should go for 7600 GS as it has serious firepower and u can overclock it to make 7600 GT.
Check this comparsion
*www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/347/2/

Some photos
*www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/347/6/

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
See the 6600 Gt card is a very very efficient and good card. It has rock solid stability and good overclocking. i am using right now i wiht 256 MB system RAM and its result are simply superb. But be careful you might spend money for a 256 MB card, but 128 MB one is more efficient.
Look out for the XFX one because it has more core frequency and all.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
ya deathvirus is right u should go for 7600 GS as it has serious firepower and u can overclock it to make 7600 GT.

Snap out of it ... only on the core .. the standard 7600GS's have mem. at 800 MHz , while the 7600GT's have it at 1500 MHz ...!!

7600 GS would cost me 10k more than the 7300 ...

BUDGET CONSTRAINTS!!

If u can get a 7600Gt for 14k's . then u should get a 7600GS for around 9k's ... thats almost the same at the 6600GT ... ????

OP
°

°¨°êXтà§ÿ°¨°

Right off the assembly line
The 7300 is costing me Rs. 4500/- while the 6600 is costing me Rs. 5000/-

EVEN IM CONFUSED ... BUT I CHECKED UP THE RATES AT MANY WHOLESALE SHOPS.. THEY WERE D SAME

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Nvidia 6600GT features:
Graphics Bus PCI Express
Memory Interface 128-bit
Memory Bandwidth 16.0 GB/sec
Fill Rate (texels/sec.) 4.0 billion
Vertices per Second 375 million
Memory Data Rate 1000 MHz
Pixels per Clock (peak) 8
RAMDACs 400 MHz

This is a 6600GT .. not a 6600 ... there are many variants u know ...

But keeping in mind the future. . i'd strongly recommend u to gather some more bucks and get a 7600GS ...

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Look out for 7600GT,if you can.
And from these definitely go for 6600GT,but from either of EVGA or Gainward brands only.
XFX modules are creating lots of problems these days.

manmay

Journeyman
abt your query that would thse two cards be compatible with ur mobo.....but man u havent mention abt the company or model name of the mobo....by telling us the processor 2.4 ghz anf ram 1 gb will not determine the compatibility.....neway abt the pcie and agp....pcie is the newer standard....and as far as my guess goes then i think ur system is having agp....so u'll need to buy the apg version of the card that u need....tell us the model name and the company of ur mobo....then we could find out whether it is pcie or agp compatible.....
pce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom