Nvidia Purevideo how to use it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

juggler

In the zone
I have a compaq 6608au laptop with 7150m onboard graphics which supports purevideo. I want to know what softwares are required to experience or use the purevideo technology while playing videos??
Is any special codec or player required??

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Just instal the nVidia driver and then the other step is to enable it from the softwares.
AFAIK.. Windows Media Player and PowerDVD support it.
In WMP open the Options. In option.. Under the Performance tab.. enable the DirectX Acceleration.

In PowerDVD. From the preferences. In the Video Tab. Enable the Hardware Acceleration.

OP
J

juggler

In the zone
Just instal the nVidia driver and then the other step is to enable it from the softwares.
AFAIK.. Windows Media Player and PowerDVD support it.
In WMP open the Options. In option.. Under the Performance tab.. enable the DirectX Acceleration.

In PowerDVD. From the preferences. In the Video Tab. Enable the Hardware Acceleration.

Thanks
but how can i make sure that purevideo is indeed being used is there a notification or logo ?

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Download the Purevideo HD videos from nVidia's website. Then disable the option from WMP and check the CPU usage while playing the video. After that enable the option and check the CPU usage again.

On my AMD 5600+... in preliminary tests.. with Purevideo the CPU usage was 20% and without it the CPU usage was 40%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom