NVIDIA Mainstream Monstar : 7600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

NVIDIA is about to release it's next mainstream 7600GT & GTX series graphics, which are a replacememnt for the 6600GT in Cebit

6600GT, sold a lot, due to it's perfect balance of price & performance, it was simply awsome, available for both AGP & PCIe, this card gave ATI mid-range a run for it's money, the X700 & X600 cards hardly sold.

Now nvidia is releasing their Geforce 7600GT/GTX card, which are pin compatible with 6600GT, which means, they can be easily manufactured as 6600GT PCBs are already available in a mature form, & the AGP varient can be made too easily

Quick specifications for GeForce 7600GT from NVIDIA documents:

* PCIe native
* 560MHz core frequency
* 128-bit memory interface
* 20.2GB/sec. memory bandwidth
* 7 billion pixels/sec. fill rate
* 730M vertices/sec.
* 12 pixels per cycle
* Built in dual-link DVI support for 2560x1600 resolution

we can expect performance to be similar to 6800GS, as both are 12 pipelins, but this has aded benifit of Geforce 7 series features, which although are good, but not something to shout about if u already have a 6600GT or 6800GS/GT

It's going to be released in the sub $200 price range, which means, it will be available in India for about Rs 13k in start, & then the priecs will fall

PCIe varient is the primary version while the AGP version might come later, if nvidia wanna do it

my verdict : I have been waiting for this card from a long time, ever since 7800 GTX came, as this has the same features, enough performance for 1024X768 gaming at 4XAA & 8X Anis (my monitor :cry: ) & still quite affordable

Source : Dailytech

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hmmm, does that mean that my two week old 6800GS is already outdated? Anyway, mine has 12 pipelines too and clocked at 485/1100. Haven't tried to overclock, though through Rivatuner, but have heard that it can be done upto 525/1200 without stability issues and artifacts. I can run everything on high, though with 4X AA/8X AF. Can also run Doom3 ultra quality at 1024X768 without hiccups. But I haven't tried it on FEAR and Quake4.

Performance looks similar except that it will have the features of Geforce 7 series, most notably HDR support. But I updated HL2 and HDR support can now be enabled in advanced video options.

The only reason I purchased the GS is that I was planning to purchase another one few months down the line and can compete with the 7800GTX 256MB. One difference I find is that the GS has 256-bit memory whereas the 7600 series has 128-bit memory, as you have mentioned. But right now I am satisfied with my present hardware.

OP
G

gxsaurav

your current hardware is mor ethen enough for 1.5 years, easily & 2 years slowly, i was able to play quake 4 at 800X600 on FX5900XT, which is already age old

it's just those buying a new thing should go for that, although if not found then geforce 6 series rox anyway, there are hardly any feature difference too, just low power consumtion, & HDR are main

Ringwraith

Journeyman
@digitized .... the 7600 GT will suffer from similar problems as the 6600GT, i.e. High resolution Gaming.
128bit memory interface really doesnt allow u to go beyond 1280*1024 @ AA/AF.
the 6800GS on the other hand should do quite well in the eye-candy modes, even if it just lags behind the 7600GT in pure speed, <1280 modes.

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
The shaders on the 7 series cards are supposed to be nearly twice as fast as the 6 series....and also the 7300gs is apparently as good as the 6600 non GT...with half the pipes and half the memory path...draw your own conclusions...

BTW Newer games all require more shader power than memory bandwidth...compare even a 6200 with a 5700 ultra in 3dmark 2k3 and you'll know what I mean... I dumped my 5900XT and AGP mobo for this reason only....currently using onboard...6100...lol...but it'll change the day the 7600 arrives in cal

OP
G

gxsaurav

the 7600GT/GTX will initially release for PCIe only,

if they could release, AGP version, then that would be a lot better, my 3 GHz cpu still has alot of potential left

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Can anyone tell when its gonna come to India. Coz i m gonna buy my new pc with xfx geforce 6600gt. If 7600gt will come in 1-2 months than i can wait. So any idea?

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Hey GxSaurav,
Correct me if i am wrong but
7600 GT and 7600 GS are gonna be launched n not the GTX version.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
* PCIe native
* 560MHz core frequency
* 128-bit memory interface
* 20.2GB/sec. memory bandwidth
* 7 billion pixels/sec. fill rate
* 730M vertices/sec.
* 12 pixels per cycle
* Built in dual-link DVI support for 2560x1600 resolution

Just saw this and feel safe to have brought the 6800GS .... currently have it clocked at 501/1150 .... temps never above 65c ..... i can play any game at 1280*768 and above at maxed settings with 4x aa,16x af ... fps always above 40 ..... going for any 128 bit card will surely be a mistake right now ,....

And the only noticeable improvement in the 7 series is the transparency aa .... but with a 128 bit 7 series card i don't think u'll be able to use it ....

coolsunny

Journeyman
can i play new games like nfsmw, quack 4
if i buy K8N Neo4 Platinum from msi which has
NVIDIA® nForce4 Ultra Chipset onboard ??

others r amd64 3000+ ,512 mb ddr
what about the forth coming game.... can iplay??
if it will be a good configuration???

dada_patekar

Broken In
oh bidoo

yeh double bar likhne ki jarrorat nahi hain re.cool sunny samja nah

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13761&start=1040

OP
G

gxsaurav

Today Nvidia has released the 7600GT finally, so far it's looking promising, u can read the review here

The 7900GT is not worthy if u already have a 7800, 7600GT is not worthy if U already have a 680 nU, or GT, but it's a good performing update from 6600GT, however, i would still recomend to stick with 6600GT until u can't play games at all on it

here is the anandtech review: *www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2717&p=2

OP
G

gxsaurav

The gfx cards are already in stock all over. The 7600GT is native PCIe & doesn't even require additional power connection, it even eats low power then a 6600GT, while giving twice the performance

As always the XFX card seems a like a good bundle, there are 4 versions available, which only differ in the fact that they are higher clocked & comes with warrenty even at those clock speeds, but also cost a little more.

Guru3D has done a Power & Temprature test

The XFX 7600GT Model number PV-T73G-UDL3 is a great combination of price performance & heat

Gigabyte is offering only 1 model as of now. the GV-NX76T256DB-RH

Asus & MSI has no offering as of now on their website

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Now, this mid range card will again give ATi a run 4 its money !!!! Was a little disappointed to learn tht the performance of 7900GT is quite at par with 1900XTX... the Anandtech review reveals 7900SLI to be better performer in many games, while in shader exhaustive games like SC:Chaos Theory, 1900 Crossfire maintains its lead !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom