NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX 512: Gaming hardware redefined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soham

In the zone
This card should have gotten a different name. With hugely increased clock speeds, more memory, a beefy heatsink (the one used on the Quadro FX 4500), and a new board layout, the GeForce 7800 GTX 512 is one very powerful card. Oh yeah, and it's got more RAM too.

The heatsink has had quite a change and the new card is now a two slot design. This is a small price to pay for the performance boost we see with the new GTX, as most people who will be shelling out the money for this card will likely want to drop it in very performance oriented systems (which usually throw space restrictions out the window). The competition (the Radeon X1800 XT) is also a two slot solution, so neither camp has the advantage on this point.

This is the second card in as many weeks that NVIDIA has brought out in response to new ATI parts.

For more visit: AnandTech

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Actually this most of us in here know. The thing is the GTX is damn expensive (749$ on New Egg) If u've got the money for it then sure. Even if you did then you still gotta thing if its worth it. For me naah. However the 7800GT is something I like ...and I got ;)

jay4u

In the zone
nice info buddy... i hope i could shell out that amount of money to buy such a card and use it in SLI mode.....

jay4u

In the zone
nice info buddy... i hope i could shell out that amount of money to buy such a card and use it in SLI mode.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom