NVidia Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
I have got ASUS K8N-VM motherboard. It has nVidia 6100/410 chipset. The problem is that when I install 91.47 Forceware driver it starts giving me problem. It starts not to recognize my monitors capability to display graphics at 1024x768 with 85Hz frequency. I have only option to use 60 Hz. But when I downloaded the driver from ASUS 81.85 it started to work gr8 for me. Plz help

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Bro, If u are having a AGP/PCI-e card (a.k.a. Graphics Card) wich is of Nvidia and If u are seeing this page---> www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp then under Start here section, u can select the Graphics driver, then move on to choose b/w Ge force/TNT2/<any other choice depending on ur AGP/PCI-e card> tat u hv it installed on ur AGP=PCI-e slot on ur motherboard and then u can select b/w the OS wich u hv it installed on ur system.

U can then d/load the drivers for ur AGP/PCI-e (e for express) card. Remember: the drivers for ur mobo are different than those for ur AGP/PCI-e card (a.k.a Graphics card). Read ur motherboard manuals as they will giv u an idea abt wat u are having on ur Motherboard.

Cheers n e-peace....

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
nishant_nms said:
I have got ASUS K8N-VM motherboard. It has nVidia 6100/410 chipset. The problem is that when I install 91.47 Forceware driver it starts giving me problem. It starts not to recognize my monitors capability to display graphics at 1024x768 with 85Hz frequency. I have only option to use 60 Hz. But when I downloaded the driver from ASUS 81.85 it started to work gr8 for me. Plz help

What size is your monitor ?
Why am i asking this question is you say you are using 1024*768 with 85Hz which i think is way too high if its a 14'' Monitor ?

OP
nishant_nms

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
@techtronic Hey man I told that I am able to get resolution of 1024x768@85 with the old forceware driver81.85. Btw my monitor is 17 inch.

@ashu888ashu888 My PC has 6100 onboard graphics and 410 southbridge

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
If thats the case, then there is No harm in using the Old drivers, as it is that version 81.85 is not too outdated. even sumtime back sum drivers released by Nvidia had problems so users switched on to older version. There is not much of a difference. SO i would recommend u to switch over to 91.33 and see wat happenes.

Cheers n e-peace...

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Yo! I suffered the same when installed 91.47 . So I reverted back to 85.xx and thats the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom