NVIDIA drivers responsible for nearly 30% of Vista crashes in 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
NVIDIA drivers responsible for nearly 30% of Vista crashes in 2007

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/03/3-27-08-vista-crash.jpg
That huge bundle of damning emails and documents Microsoft produced as part of the Vista-capable lawsuit is full of fascinating information about how the company developed, planned, and launched Vista, but the latest juicy nugget to come out if it suggests that a lot of problems faced by the troubled operating system are actually NVIDIA's fault -- nearly 30% of logged Vista crashes were due to NVIDIA driver problems, according to a Microsoft data included in the bundle. That's some 479,326 hung systems, if you're keeping score at home, and it's in first place by a large margin -- Microsoft clocks in at number two at 17.9 percent, and ATI is fourth with 9.3 percent. Now, the chart doesn't contain a ton of additional information that would help put it in context -- a specific time period in 2007 would be nice, as would and driver and OS versions -- but we've been hearing about NVIDIA issues with Vista from the start, and this seems to confirm it. So that's pressure by Intel to support incompatible chipsets, outrage by Dell and Wal-Mart that the Vista Capable program was confusing customers, Microsoft executives saying they had been "personally burnt" by Vista, and now what looks like a huge NVIDIA driver problem -- who knows what else is going to come out of this lawsuit? At this point we're half expecting a photo of Gates signing a Save XP petition.

Source: Engadget

Read Link: Ars Technica

Do read the comments there :D

_

nvidia

-----ATi-----
I was getting BS when i first installed Vista with some old graphics driver. But now with the new drivers, its fine:)

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
...and see the amount of crashes caused by microsoft!!!!!...and on their own OS.*www.feebleminds-gifs.com/smiley-faces-28.gif

praka123

left this forum longback
that "unknown" figure will be much more.vi$ta is controlled NOT by you.even with your firewall or other utils installed,your privacy is at a stake.as vi$ta is made for spying you!60+ spy probes and a vulnerable DRM :rolleyes:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65778
if you use vi$ta for eyecandy,you have to see compiz-fusion enabled GNU/Linux distros,then decide!
*youtube.com/watch?v=HyhFeopmjmU

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
then its not a rig.. its a pig :p :lol: :D

_

well said buddy.:D

i'm using Vista ever since it has RTM'd and i've only used nVidia gfx cards starting with FX5200.i only had a few probs with nVidia drivers during the initial stages,but after that no probs at all.Vista is running fine for me.it has run all my games and apps that i wud ever care to run.and now with SP1 it has become even more stable.i've never looked back at XP after i've started using Vista.

OP
DigitalDude

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Survey was conducted on what? 10 people? ;)
*points to note before commenting*

> thou shall read the article

479,326 hung systems

FYI these are Microsoft's internal data that was uncovered by CRN while going through the volumes of info in the emails that MS was asked to submit before a judge in connection with the 'Vista Capable' Lawsuit.

_

Last edited:

narangz

Web developer
Well I had no problems with NVIDIA. But SoundMax(Analog Devices) Suck! They haven't released a proper driver & jack sensing doesn't work in Vista because of lack of proper driver :( Although it never crashed my system but it plainly SUCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom