nvidia 6600 AGP 256 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvc

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I have got the Nvidia Geforce 6600 256 MB AGP card of BIG company, priced at Rs. 6,750 in Pune. I have P4 2.8 HT processor, 865GBF Mbd, 1 GB of DDR RAM, XP Proffetional edition, DirectX 9c, latest motherboard and graphics drivers(81.85). When I installed the graphics card, first I entered into the BIOS. I observed that the screen showing BIOS information was getting changed slowly when I was swtching from one screen to another(slow responce).
Another problem is, when I installed the Farcry game delibarately
to check whether this card supports the Render mode(improved, cartoon, paradize), but I observed that It did'nt support these render modes.My old graphics card GeForce FX 5200 128 MB AGP supports these render modes. Third problem is that, when set Full Screen Anti Aliasing to 8sx, and unchecked the Application Controlled check box(checking this box will force to apply the FSAA), It did'nt apply FSAA to the game Need For Speed Underground and
Blood Rayne 2, NFS U2, Doom 3 ran well with FSAA and other latest games too. What might be the problem ? Reply me as early as possible :( Waiting ...........

Bye.

maverik99

Broken In
same here man

HI gvc,
This is abhijit i have also purchased the same card but sorry to say it was wrong choice instead of it if we had opted for xfx version of the same it would have been great as this card is not giving a performance which a 6600 should give and sorry the modes u r talking think not supported by this card :(

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
for true gaming pleasure .. atleast go for 6600 gt ...if possible then opt for 6800 gt .. :lol: .. plain 6600 is just not good enough ..

G

gxsaurav

there is nothing wrong with the card, & there is no need to buy any other card

far cry has a problem with nvidia graphics card, which is solved in their update 1.1 & later, right now the latest update is 1.3, which u can either download or find is some previous Digit DVD, u install that & Far cry will work fine, however in case u have pirated version of Far cry then the patch will not apply

Full screen anti-allising of 8Xs is too mush for your gfx card, it can handle the AA mode, but the performance will be pathetic, U are better of playing games at 800X600, 2XQ AA & 4X anis, or if possible & less performance hitting, go for 1024X768, other then that is something this card is under powered to handle

NFS underground doesn't support Anti-allising by the nvida control panel -> Application profile, it will ignore it, so set it from the game itself

u better leave the anti-allising to "application specific", & set it from the game itself, thats a lot better then setting yourself, as some games use their own filtering alogrithem like Doom 3 quake 4 which will not allow to set anistropic filtering by the user

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
gxsaurav said:
there is nothing wrong with the card, & there is no need to buy any other card

far cry has a problem with nvidia graphics card, which is solved in their update 1.1 & later, right now the latest update is 1.3, which u can either download or find is some previous Digit DVD, u install that & Far cry will work fine, however in case u have pirated version of Far cry then the patch will not apply

Dont try that patch, I had tried to install that patch a dozen time and half of the time my PC used to hang, I have tried to do it on both of my OS's and got it from my friends DVD too but of no use !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom