NTVDM.exe Error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

apacheman

Journeyman
oh plz help me guyz..i've got dis silly ntvdm.exe error whenever i open a program called "Cyberroam Server Client".
wot do i do, it says "The CPU has generated an illegal instruction..blah blah..."
any clues?!!?

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
I think this NTVDM.EXE is run when u execute some 16bit process!
ntvdm.exe is process that belongs to the Windows 16-bit Virtual Machine. It provides an environment for a 16-bit process to execute on a 32-bit platform. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.
I don't know whether this Cyberroam Server Client is a 16 Bit process.

iceeeeman

Journeyman
first lemme give ya some information about NTVDM :confused:

Process Name: Windows 16-bit Virtual Machine
Description: Application that provides an environment for a 16-bit process to execute on a 32-bit platform.
Company: Microsoft Corporation
System Process: Yes
Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): No
Common Errors: N/A

Usually all 16 bit programs share the same session of ntvdm.exe and thus, share the same memory.:|
Try creating a shortcut to the program.i.e "Cyberroam Server Client" Go into the properties of the shortcut and make sure "run in seperate memory space" box is checked . This will force a seperate session of ntvdm.exe in memory .
If u are usin Windows Xp . then go to the properties dialog and then try changing the compatibility of the program i.e try to run in win 95/win me etc .

You may also try to setting the following registry value to 0.

HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\FileSystem \NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom