NTFS problems ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sAr

Broken In
hi all
i got two hds, strangely on the 2nd hd, now whenever i move folders or files to some location, the files or folders become inaccessible, i see them but can't access them, shows Access is Denied.
i ran chkdsk n partition magics error checker, no use
does someone know whyz this happenin n how to get back my data

thanx

digiFriend

In the zone
try to log with user name "administrator" , it might help?
give all user administrator rights

Last edited:

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Sorry, but I have forgot the exact menu details, but I can still give u a template.

Right click on the folder, and go to properties, there u will need to find some option which givesoptions to configure read/write operations. You would see that it says the folder is orphan and if u wish u can take the ownership of that folder. so take the ownership. This option wud be available only on the folders that are giving the "Accessed Denied" message.

OP
S

sAr

Broken In
nother strange thing i noticed, my security tab has disappeared from the properties. whyz that :(

djmykey

Let the music play.....
First make sure that the drive ur working with is a NTFS one. Since ur question states that I take it for granted that it is NTFS.

Secondly the account you are using is a local user account thats why u dont have the permissions to access some folders coz the users might not be in the folders access list.

What you can do is log on as the administator and add ur user account to the administrators group. U will b able to open all the folders :)

OP
S

sAr

Broken In
of course the drive is NTFS n i'm under the admin group too
what i tried wz bootin into safe mode n into the main administrator account n then i did get the security tab n i added everyone with full control on the whole drive but when i restarted and logged into my account the security tab again disappeared n i'm still not able to access those folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom