Status
Not open for further replies.

da_tcpip

Journeyman
hi
i installed ntfs-3g for all of my ntfs partitions and also edited /ect/fstab
i have two sata hdds.. 80gb and 200gb both from seagate
all partitions on 80gb are working fine with write access
however... when i access the big partition over 150gb on the other drive the system crawls to a standstill and mouse movement is intermittent with 5 seconds lag between each movement and i cant do much except navigate my mouse towards the 'cross' and wait for ubuntu to regain conciousness
prior to ntfs-3g i could easily read from any of the partitions by default
please help

OP
D

da_tcpip

Journeyman
am using ubuntu edgy eft(AMD64) and installed ntfs-3g using synaptic.. didnt chk the ver.. will let u know when i get home

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Follow this guide: *www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=217009&highlight=ntfs-3g

It has the latest ntfs-3g drivers.

OP
D

da_tcpip

Journeyman
like i said ntfs-3g is already installed and partitions on one hdd are working fine..
its just that 'file browser' freezes the system when it accesses the partition on the other drive
and btw my ntfs-3g ver is 2006-09-20

kalpik

^^ Exactly! I know that you have installed ntfs-3g! But you have installed from ubuntu official repos.. Those have an old version of ntfs-3g.. You have to add the repos given in the link to have the latest ntfs-3g available :) That *should* solve your problem.

OP
D

da_tcpip

Journeyman
okay now i have installed RC1 rls
synaptic still says that the prev rls is installed.. however running 'ntfs-3g' on terminal confirms RC1
And the problem is still the same
thanks

kalpik

Hmm.. Try removing the older version from synaptic.. If that doesnt work, im sorry.. Im clueless! :p The only thing i can say is that ntfs-3g is still beta software.. and it can never match the performance of MS NTFS driver in windows..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom