nt able upload nethng newhre

Status
Not open for further replies.

magneticme200

In the zone
i hv avast and comodo installed
im nt able to upload any file anywhre on the web on any site
the page keeps loading and thn it stops
though thre is no problem in downloading or surfing...i have tried to upload files after terminating avast and comodo bt its still the same
though i have a doubt....domedays bak my comp wetn bizzare and i had to get it formatted, the so called engineer was a lil too smart and was doing things in registry and services.msc(to make my comp perform better)
im afraid that thre may be any service related to this and he may have turned it off..!!

pls help

thnks in advance

manan

slugger

Banned
did u try uploading it on different file hosting sites
it cud b a problem with the file hosting site where u r tryin to upload d file [btw uploading on xdrive was a bad exp 4 me 2day]

wat kind of connection u got

if u got a DSL connection den u mite wan2 check ur upload and download speed @ *www.dslreports.com

c wat upload speeds u getting

AFAIK der r no services or registry entries which will restrict ur upload
[even clicking on a link is sending data from ur comp 2 another comp, an upload]

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^
Yeah, me too feel that the problem is not with Avast or Comodo, may be your upload speed or that of the filehost is having some problem.

Just do a speedtest (*www.speedtest.net) and see what your upload speed is.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
When you visit a website say this forum, your browser sends 2-5 Bytes of HTTP request to the server. And if the server finds the page, it sends the page to your browser with a response header of 200 OK otherwise some other header is returned like 404 NOT FOUND or 401 AUTHENTICATION REQUIRED, etc.

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
the download test works just fine and they show me a speed of around 280kbps bt when it comes to chk the uploading speed...the tester or the particular website stops working,,,,
i think for an upload speed test the website tries to upload a file to its server from my computer...bt this upload of file doesnt actually happen...(that is wat the problem is...)
and hence no upload test occurs..!

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
the download test works just fine and they show me a speed of around 280kbps bt when it comes to chk the uploading speed...the tester or the particular website stops working,,,,
i think for an upload speed test the website tries to upload a file to its server from my computer...bt this upload of file doesnt actually happen...(that is wat the problem is...)
and hence no upload test occurs..!
now using the same internet connection, try uploading from another computer like a lappy of yours or your friend's. If that happens then the culprit is your PC else the culprit is ISP.

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
while using the lappy...i can upload things..!!
i think its a prob with my pc???
bt how do i cure it?

while using the lappy...i can upload things..!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom