Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
whenever I open a notepad file windows shows a warning message...
"Windows cannot find 'D\Documents and Settings\Nipon\My documents\gymnasium list.txt'. Make sure you typed the file name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search."
but the file opens all right.

this is rly irritating. how can this be fixed?
:x
*img356.imageshack.us/img356/4274/notepadmessage3pq.th.jpg

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
ooppss might b an adware.... see here... well get a good AVS.... & good antispyware.... scan ur system with system restore turnd off...

KnightRider

Broken In
i think u have installed some kinds software which u were not supposed to.. i had faced the same problem long back in 2000. when ever i used to open, a notepad used to open named a program. that was stored in c:. when i used to delete it. it used to say "cannot find program.txt". i had my back up registry in windows 98. andi got rid of that with the old back up registry.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Generic Superhero its personal thing to trust ZAP... but by ratting ZAP AVS is not the srtongest one though... but we can proced by thinking ur system is virus free...

so now just Go To RUN then enter SFC /SCANNOW to see ur all the system files r intact....

also u might take a look at this link here...

& also do u have the SP2 install??

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Try one thing!
First open Notepad, then open any text file in it.
And tell here whether the ERROR still occurs or not?
May be some s/w has set the gymnasium list.txt to open text files?
Thats why whenever u try to open any text file directly, it shows ERROR.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Or, alternatively, u can go to "Explorer->tools->folder options->file types tab->text files" and see if this file is included in the open command.

OP
Generic Superhero

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
@ saurav: i use ZAP as a firewall(with in built antispyware) and avast as a avs. and i don hav sp2. anyway, i did as u suggested...and windows says some dll files need to be copied to the cache and asks for the xp setup cd. Is this why the prob is occuring? but the prob started only few days ago. :?
@Vishal Gupta: yap when i open a file from notepad (file>open) it opens all right

whatever...i ll try with repairing windows with the setup cd.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Goto: Tools -> Folder Options, then goto: File Types tab, here search for text files, like txt, and click on Edit or Advanced button, and change the open command to notepad.exe "%1".
Thats it...

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
@saurav_cheeta

Yaar in which digit dvd/cd is sp2(latest Release) available?
I think i have asked this question earlier in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom