Not able to send and receive SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hi Guys,
I have BSNL Cellone mobile. I can send and receive sms from all normal numbers but I cannot send and receive sms from special numbers like 57333 and 5667711.:( This is not the problem with BSNL in general as my dad's and friends' BSNL is working fine . I Have tried changing handsets but no use. And talking to BSNL customer care *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/100.gif regarding this issue is like talking to Steve ballmer regarding Linux.:razz: I do not understand where is the problem and how to rectify it *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/actions1.gif???
Please help guys....*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/63.gif

azzu

AJJU
strage never heard of suc problem
BTW: why do u want to send the messages to such numbers ?

arunks

Hey here is the aks
why r u asking abt bsnl gprs

is this related with sms issue..

even i get sometimes sms sending problem with my bsnl no.

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
arunks said:
why r u asking abt bsnl gprs

is this related with sms issue..

even i get sometimes sms sending problem with my bsnl no.

iam not sure, but my friend living at the city outskirts of tanil nadu ,placing similar problem, he didn't recieve any msgs from other than normal numbers, this happened when he voted for some singing challenge in TV, now his problem solved as soon as he disconnected online services, also he was at outskirts may be some signal disturbances i think

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
~Phenom~ said:
yes i do have GPRS on my phone , what shall i do ??? please help....

iam not so expertise to provide solution for your problem, but i can say what my friend has done earlier,

1. He just unsubscribed from GPRS for 1 month,
2. Removed all third party softwares which occupies memory like phone guard,ffexplorer,
3. Some un used players and kept his phone completely in a fresh environment,

as it looks like a newly buyed phone without any loaded things,after few days of GPRS de-activation he started recieving messages from other boards also, but one thing here , the msgs incoming from 7337 or some sources started when he came to hyderabad after following all those steps above, now he is in chennnai and re-activated GPRS and also he was recieving msgs, iam not sure this will wotks you ,but try, any how what's your hand set ?

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
@batistabomb, I have never activated GPRS on my phone , its just that my phone is GPRS enabled. I have motorola C168 but I have tried other sets also , its not working on any of them. No third party softwares can be installed on this phone.I also made all my phone settings to default , still not working.I am from Haryana.

@techmasti, i called BSNL customer care 3 times , but they are complete idiots :mad:, first time they said its GPRS problem due to ur phone and banged the phone. second time they noted complaint and noted in their complaint that SMS not sending(to anyone) and banged . third time they gave me message center numbr to be putted in but it was already the same there. now when i call them they say ur complaint is already there and we are working on it and again bang the phone, this is simply ridiculous.:mad:

what shall i do ???

But I have noticed a strange thing in my mobile for the last 1 month. Whenever i switch it off and switch it on again , it says "Message failed, please try again:4001" at starting and when i press "ok" it becomes normal.

any clue ????

Last edited:

sam_1710

Youngling
Sometimes i face problems in sending (and recieving) messages to (from) local numbers.. i just remove the sim from the fone after switching off the fone that is.. and insert it back after some 10 mins or so..
The problem disappears!! :) ..
a terrible problem at times.. but i found this solution to be workin!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom