Not able to play .aac on my k-810 i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Hi,
The problem is that I converted all my mp3 files to .aac(64 Kbps,16Khz) using Xilisoft Audio Converter(.faac encoder).But when I copy the songs to the phone,the only option shown is "send";no "open" or "play".
Any suggestions.Have deleted the mp3 files & have heard that repeated conversion from one lossy format to another lossy format leads to deficient audio quality.So,a conversion back to mp3 is not preferable.Also these mp3's weren't drm protected.

So, is there a media player for k810i which would play this or is there a relatively easy & safe firmware upgrade for this problem?:confused:

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
If the files have .aac extension,they won't work. Don't ask why. Even I don't know. Despite claiming to support .aac files SE phones don't play them.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
.aac files won't play directly in K810. What you need to do is: select the encoding format as AAC and select the CONTAINER as M4A. K810i plays AAC files in M4A container. You can use dbPoweramp or Nero Encoder for encoding your audio files into AAC with M4A container (The final extension of the music file should be .m4a)

OP
H

Hrithan2020

In the zone
.aac files won't play directly in K810. What you need to do is: select the encoding format as AAC and select the CONTAINER as M4A. K810i plays AAC files in M4A container. You can use dbPoweramp or Nero Encoder for encoding your audio files into AAC with M4A container (The final extension of the music file should be .m4a)

Thats too bad.Now i have to convert all over again:(.
Thanks for helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom