Not A Win 32 Application????

Status
Not open for further replies.

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey i have a Cd which contains some softwares ...ome for them work But when i run the setup for others it shows "c:/bla/bla/bla.exe is not a win32 application" WTF is this this thing?

Now i have downloaded a software and again it shows bla bla bla is not a win32 application... how will i reun these applications ......

bit

Banned
In windows you can run only 32-bit programs.

16-bit programs can be run from dos.

If the program you are trying to run is 32-bit then it might be possible that is corrupted. (Mistakes caused during burning multi-session cds too can cause problems)

Can you give url of that file ?

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
The most likely problem is a corrupt exe header/structure. Try redownloading, hopefully, from a different site. Or change your download manager.

The next likely problem is registry. Clean up your registry and try again.

The other possiblities are that you have a virus (only if all the exes refuse to start) or the exe is for a 64bit system.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
IIRC, there was a thread in the tutorials section on how to download only the corrupt portion of the downloaded file. But for that you need to have downloaded the file via a download manager with support for multiple download threads.

::vicky::

In the zone
ya this happens because the files on the cd are not written correctly or the file was corrupted even before writing on to cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom