Norton Firewall problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I use NIS 05 therefore Norton Firewall is on in my system running winXP SP2. one day when I tried to update my MS AntiSpyware Beta1, Norton Firewall asked me what to do? Mistakenly I blocked that program to access internet. So Norton firewall isn’t allowing MS AntiSpyware to access its update server. Now how can I make Norton Firewall to allow MS AntiSpyware to access internet?

(Though there is no new update for MS Antispyware but still I would like to know the procedure)

digen

Youngling
I dont remember exactly but check under settings or for something like program control.
Uncheck or delete the program you want to give internet access to from the blocked list.This is a vague answer cause I'm not that acquinted with NIS.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
When I try try to voice chat in yahoo it says "cant enable voice chat, firewall is on"....... what can i do?????? how can i enable voice chat behind a firewall??

digen

Youngling
If I'm not wrong then ports 5000 & 5001 are the two ports used for yahoo voice chat.Open the TCP ports 5000,5001 in your firewall settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom