Noobie PayPal Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Hey! I am writing for a site and am going to be paid for my efforts. I have created a PayPal A/c as they pay only to PayPal. Now I have a few questions:

1. What is my PayPal A/c? Like what am I supposed to give them as my PayPal A/c? My Login ID?
  2. They will deposit money in my A/c in USD. Is there any cost for converting to INR?
  3. What will the exchange rate for the above be?
  4. Do I even have to convert to INR? Or can I just ask PayPal to deposit it in my bank account for a cost of 50 INR and I can pick it up here in INR.
  5. What is verification? Do I need to do it?
These are obviously stupid questions, but it is the first time I am using PayPal ever [usually use my credit card] so please be patient with me.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
1. The PP ID is your email ID that you give, when you registered.
2. No cost but their convertion rate sucks. It's around Rs 38 for a dollar. They charge $5 if they issue Check.
3. ^^
4. I can't understand what you mean. PP will credit your bank account if you want to. You can pick up in INR and there's no charge if you deposit more Rs 6.5k (not sure abt the exact amount).
5. Not sure whay that's done. Even I need to have my PP verified, can anyone help?

Hope that helps.

adi007

Youngling
I'm to a newbee in paypal..just created a account 3 days back ..:cool: but i have some info regarding verification...

AFAIK,Verification of paypal will increase the limits of withdraw,transfer and acceptance of payments of ur account...
It can be verified using credit card or VCC(Virtual Credit Card,Some say it's illegal...dunno more info about it)
Even my paypal account is unverified...i'm just looking for VCC as i don't have Credit Card..
But VCC is costly to me(nearly 2 or 3 $)...:(

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
1. Yes you are supposed to give your EMAIL Id with which u registered, it is also your Login ID

2. You can withdraw using Cheque or to your Bank Account.

For Cheque there is 5$ Fees for processing and Mailing.
For Bank - There is Rs 50 Fees for any transaction less than Rs 7000. Above 7000 there is no fees.

All Payments will be converted to Indian Rupee

3. Exchange would be one which sucks - aroound Rs 38 :(
4. I think i answered this above, or i didnt understand what u want to say
5. Verfied Accounts have no limitations. Unverified accounts have limits like

a. Cannot send money more than 100$ (Lifetime) till u verify
b. Cannot Withdraw more than 500$ a month subject to 3000$ lifetime until u verify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom