Nokia versus Sony Ericsson

which is better?


  • Total voters
    530
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
The user-friendly (like windows) Sturdy (Like Linux) Apealing to the mass..(Like Amitab) Nokia is my all time favourite..
SE may be good in their individial technology....like BT, music...etc..but when it comes to the entire package..the winner is Nokia
 
G

gxsaurav

Guest
Well, so many votes can't be wrong

Nokia Symbian Phones are more like a computer then a Phone, a phone should be a phone first, Smart phones should be in a different catagory

SE phones are phones with features, Nokia phones are computer with features

Nokia Series 60 UI is much like the Icon desktop in SE phones, so we can & cannot say that they copied the other. However, just check yourself, how less cluttered the UI of a K750i compared to 6670 0r 6630, i haven't been able to check N90 yet
 

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
prankie said:
Take a chill man!!!!!
I also own W800i along with N3250,,, but i find even my old 6600 better than 800i,
i dunno why i bought se....
!!LOL!LOL!!

gxsaurav said:
i haven't been able to check N90 yet
Even a Nokia fan would have to be incredibly stupid to like THAT...do they call it a phone!!
 

kumarmohit

Technomancer
aryayush said:
!!LOL!! To read the full review of the much hyped Nokia N91, head over to:
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n91-review-81.php

SO! What happened to the monster? How come it is loaded with features (and a huge price tag) and still is no better than the average Nokia phone? When there is a hype for a Sony Ericsson product, it actually delivers when it is released (the W800i being the prime example). However, the same cannot be said for Nokia. :)
Smart Pretty very Smart but dude I asked for a reply to Nokia N93 ie N- Ninty Three -- do you know that 91 comes before 92 and 93 comes after 92 Come on dude you can properly read a post before replying...

But then - SE makes phones- Nokia Nseries is touted as multimedia computers - No comparing the two
 
Last edited:

prankie

D PrankMaster
kumarmohit said:
Smart Pretty very Smart but dude I asked for a reply to Nokia N93 ie N- Ninty Three -- do you know that 91 comes before 92 and 93 comes after 92 Come on dude you can properly read a post before replying...

But then - SE makes phones- Nokia Nseries is touted as multimedia computers - No comparing the two
Absolutely correct!!!!
N93 is one hell of a device.. its the first to support hardware graphix accelerator... and has a support for openGL too....

aryayush said:
prankie said:
Take a chill man!!!!!
I also own W800i along with N3250,,, but i find even my old 6600 better than 800i,
i dunno why i bought se....
!!LOL!LOL!!
there's nothin to laugh... u call SE multimedia phone, plz tell me how many types of audio and video formats does it identifies???
Can it play avi or mp4 files??
ifnot, than is there anyway by which u can make it play that format???
 
Last edited:

maheswar2006

Broken In
Man u r seriously misinformed. Almost all SE phones (even the old K700i) can play MP4 files.
And what r u saying? Nokia can play avi files? Total crap.
And u cannot compare the not yet released n93 with existing SE phones. It is not fair.
Best thing u can do is compare the now available N90 with SE phones. Picture quality is much better in the W800/w810/W900 even in Macro mode, even when Nokia uses CarlZiess lenses.
Music playback quality, dont ask. SE is the current king in music phones.

By the time the N93 goes mainstream, do u expect SE will just sit and watch?
They will come out with a better product. Mark my words.....

And remember who invented the walkman? I dont think it was nokia.
Does nokia have expertise on standalone digi cameras and video handycams? Dont think so......

SE is the way to go.............Not nokia
 

PinKLip

Broken In
@prankie
Vishal is right.
my K700i too support mp4 format.
Originally Posted by prankie
Take a chill man!!!!!
I also own W800i along with N3250,,, but i find even my old 6600 better than 800i,
i dunno why i bought se....
Yeh baat kuch hajam nahi hua.
Anyway, this is you personal matter that you like NOKIA.
Goodluck with NOKIA.
Thanks
 

prankie

D PrankMaster
maheswar2006 said:
Man u r seriously misinformed. Almost all SE phones (even the old K700i) can play MP4 files.
And what r u saying? Nokia can play avi files? Total crap.
Ever heard of smartmovie?????

U Know what, yesterday i was tryin to copy somee aac songs frm my 3250 to w800i but it did'nt ran... does anyone know why????

U all must be thinking that i hate SE phones,, but i dont. i actually love the P series.. bt i just dont like the comparison b/e normal and smartphone.
 

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
http://www.gsmarena.com/3mp_test_nokia_n80_se_k800-review-79.php


ok here is the place where they compare the N80 and K800...

read the review....SE WINS .....as always...

if possible,i think nokia can get pattent or contract or deal , or anytihng like that from Sony Ericsson...so that NOKIA can produce CELL PHONES WITH SOME FEATURES.....

as i have already mentioned....SE gives CELL PHONES (i think it is supposed to be sleek, compact , feature rich....

if a company (nokia)cant give "CELL PHONES".....why are they there ????

i dont know...

nokia lovers just think for a moment.....isnt ur "phones" a little bit BIG...

if u want a phone like that why cant u carry a WIRELESS PHONES given by Tata , reliance ...etc around......
 

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
kumarmohit said:
aryayush said:
!!LOL!! To read the full review of the much hyped Nokia N91, head over to:
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n91-review-81.php

SO! What happened to the monster? How come it is loaded with features (and a huge price tag) and still is no better than the average Nokia phone? When there is a hype for a Sony Ericsson product, it actually delivers when it is released (the W800i being the prime example). However, the same cannot be said for Nokia. :)
Smart Pretty very Smart but dude I asked for a reply to Nokia N93 ie N- Ninty Three -- do you know that 91 comes before 92 and 93 comes after 92 Come on dude you can properly read a post before replying...

But then - SE makes phones- Nokia Nseries is touted as multimedia computers - No comparing the two
I've already sent you a reply about this via PM but I'll anyway post it here too:
I know that you were talking about N93 but I wanted to tell you that, as with the N93, we also had great expectations for the N91. And since the expectations are higher this time, the disappointment will be so too. I was just showing you a glimpse of the future with a comparison to the present. Guess I should have made myself clearer.

prankie said:
aryayush said:
prankie said:
Take a chill man!!!!!
I also own W800i along with N3250,,, but i find even my old 6600 better than 800i,
i dunno why i bought se....
!!LOL!LOL!!
there's nothin to laugh... u call SE multimedia phone, plz tell me how many types of audio and video formats does it identifies???
Can it play avi or mp4 files??
ifnot, than is there anyway by which u can make it play that format???
You've already got a reply but let me also add that Sony Ericsson phones do play the MP4 format and they play them better than Nokia. You don't need fifteen software for fifteen formats. Maybe five formats are supported but they are supported by default. AVI is not supported but it takes about one minute to convert a five minute video from any format to MP4.

naveen_reloaded said:
Sure does!
 

kumarmohit

Technomancer
aryayush said:
I've already sent you a reply about this via PM but I'll anyway post it here too:
I know that you were talking about N93 but I wanted to tell you that, as with the N93, we also had great expectations for the N91. And since the expectations are higher this time, the disappointment will be so too. I was just showing you a glimpse of the future with a comparison to the present. Guess I should have made myself clearer.
Dude just because N91 was not upto scratch does not mean that N93 will a bad fone too, you can not give a fair comment on any thing unless you experience it your self, "just because expectations are higher does not mean that diappointment will be higher too" - you see no one here has the fone yet but we all know the announced Tech Specs and SE has no reply for these tech specs yet no one has actually used the fone and no one can say it will be bad without even experiencing it, on the contrary if one goes by the Tech specs (else we have no other standard to compare) Nokia is way ahead of SE
 

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Does any SE phone boast of better specs than N91, even though it is already released now? No. But if given an option between N91, 3250 or any WALKMAN phone from Sony Ericsson, I would definitely choose the latter. Just displaying a huge list of features does not make a quality product, you have to implement those features well and that is what SE does. It does not cram the cell with every possible feature (ranging from a PhoneBook to a swimming pool), but it implements the fewer features with class!
As for the N93 - well, we have to use some sort of judgement. And you can only judge a company by its existing products. Expectations soared with the announcement of N91, diminished a bit by the delays and crashed with the launch. I am just using it as an example. The same story goes for 3230, 3250, etc. etc. etc.!
If N93 is as good as Nokia claims it to be, we will shut our mouths and praise the product. If it doesn't satisfy the critics (as I am sure it won't), you will again tell us to forget N93 and post appraisals for some other super loaded phone that Nokia will have announced by then!
And why are you comparing the impending products, compare the existing ones.
 

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Since you say that N91 disaapointed you here is something for you to see :

http://symbian-freak.com/news/1105/n90_n91_bestaward.htm

and if you think Nokia's Cameras are no good, be so good of you as if to plz visit this page:

http://symbian-freak.com/news/006/05/N80_best_mobile_imaging_device.htm

and if u complain about display of Nokia phones, here:

http://symbian-freak.com/news/006/05/ati_ft_nokia.htm

Well we all know even though N93 is not released yet its prototypes are already out and are being praised if u will be so kind to google for this.

An btw advanced fone like N93 is not meant to be a commercial success its just a demonstration of tecnology just like a Quadcore PowerMAC G5 -- Apple never thought it will be a commercial success they just made it as a show off of their techonological capability which is what makes Apple better from any other PC manufacturer similarly N 93 shows off Nokia's technological prowess its not meant to be a commercial success and SE has nothing to show off that they can claim to come equal to the N93 which makes Nokia a leap ahead of SE..But then again are not both of us doing the same mistake - comparing a touted Walkman to a touted Multimedia computer Its like comparing Digit to a well known Linux magazine (Plz dont ask me to name it) whereas Digit compares a wide perspective of tech.. the Linux Mag stays only with Linux where as a multimedia computer gives you really wide range of options a Walkman is much limited in perspective.
 
Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
kumarmohit said:
Since you say that N91 disaapointed you here is something for you to see :

http://symbian-freak.com/news/1105/n90_n91_bestaward.htm

and if you think Nokia's Cameras are no good, be so good of you as if to plz visit this page:

http://symbian-freak.com/news/006/05/N80_best_mobile_imaging_device.htm

and if u complain about display of Nokia phones, here:

http://symbian-freak.com/news/006/05/ati_ft_nokia.htm

Well we all know even though N93 is not released yet its prototypes are already out and are being praised if u will be so kind to google for this.

An btw advanced fone like N93 is not meant to be a commercial success its just a demonstration of tecnology just like a Quadcore PowerMAC G5 -- Apple never thought it will be a commercial success they just made it as a show off of their techonological capability which is what makes Apple better from any other PC manufacturer similarly N 93 shows off Nokia's technological prowess its not meant to be a commercial success and SE has nothing to show off that they can claim to come equal to the N93 which makes Nokia a leap ahead of SE..But then again are not both of us doing the same mistake - comparing a touted Walkman to a touted Multimedia computer Its like comparing Digit to a well known Linux magazine (Plz dont ask me to name it) whereas Digit compares a wide perspective of tech.. the Linux Mag stays only with Linux where as a multimedia computer gives you really wide range of options a Walkman is much limited in perspective.



anybody ditching SE...here it is for NOKI fans
(nobody is telling SE ,anything when i am around.....)
http://www.esato.com/news/article.php/id=615

http://www.esato.com/news/article.php/id=52

http://www.esato.com/news/article.php/id=459

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/news/articles/story_2052.html

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pc1_9_1&zone=pc&lm=pc1&prid=2080

ok nokia is not the only one to win awards....still this site might be old...but anyway...something is better than nothing....

sonyericsson is always award winner`s ..... its like comparing sachin(SE) with ricky pointing(nokia)...

SACHIN (SONY ERICSSON) have performance,stabilty,style....etc....add whtever u want....since because he is not in form ..it doesnt mean....he is not a star!!!! he is a legend and a class player(associate everything with SE)

searching for some more sites.....just seee this this thread...SE will ROCK U
 

alienspiesu

Journeyman
i heard ppl here supportin SE a lot.. but i say xcept for features @ a low price .. wat else they got???? the ans is NUTHIN...
NOKIA roks in all aspects.. the make .. aftr buyin services,, n for the latest buZZ..
is thre ne fone wich can even come closer to N-91 wit a BOSE headfone...
ha ha NOKIA is light years ahead of SE..
in the end NOKIA roks..
 

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Sony Ericsson ROCKS

alienspiesu said:
i heard ppl here supportin SE a lot.. but i say xcept for features @ a low price .. wat else they got???? the ans is NUTHIN...
NOKIA roks in all aspects.. the make .. aftr buyin services,, n for the latest buZZ..
is thre ne fone wich can even come closer to N-91 wit a BOSE headfone...
ha ha NOKIA is light years ahead of SE..
in the end NOKIA roks..


ya sure nokia has to go in for others always to find a way to keep up with
SE....but SE provides its own ultimate,powerful,(have u ever heard a song in w800i or w550i????or any other SE phones...), bass rich,clear,STEREO .....

everything a WALKMAN phone could provide.....on the other hand take a look at Nokia.....depending on others for everyhting...like for bluetooth(from Sony),as u said headphones(from BOSE).....huuuuuuuhhhhh,wht the hell does this nokia doing huh???

SE is the FUTURE......anybody denying can go to ....H E L L or quit this forum.....

*MOD , if u feel this opne is offensive please remove*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom