Nokia to offer movies in N-Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krazyfrog

After the Sony with its PSP, now Nokia is going to offer movies in its N-Series phones. The movies will be distributed on the memory cards. The future N93 will come the MI:3 movie on memory card. This coincides with the international launch of MI:3 DVDs. The list of movies will grow with time. Whether the indian N93 will come with the movie or not is not yet known but we'll soon find out. The movie will come as a complimentary item (like the Spiderman movie with the earlier PSP). What do you guys think about it? Interesting isn't it?
Source: NDTV 24x7

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
K

krazyfrog

Actually its not just N93. Other N-Series phones will also come with this feature in the future. Nokia is actually trying to project its N-Series as the ultimate in mobile entertainment.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
yes even i red that in www.gsmarena.com

but its waste man noone will get to know that good amerikan english
better load some BHOJPURI FILM wid nagma in it
so that ppl can grasp it atleast

even i can load a dvd quality movie in my n90
so my word"its a waste a damn damn waste"

OP
K

krazyfrog

outlaw said:
will nokia copy protect the movies ????
Wouldn't you? I mean its a logical thing to do. I think it'll be similar to the copy protection method applied on the N-Gage game cards. But similar to the N-Gage game cards, this copy protection would also be easily hacked.

OP
K

krazyfrog

Stick said:
What about Battery Life, you may be need to carry some extra BATTRIES
I don't think battery life would be a problem since Nokia would have taken that in mind and would produce the movies in a format that won't take much processing power and at the same time look good on the screen. Also most users would use headphones which will also save some battery power.

outlaw

De@d
but if the movies are copy protected we'll have to delete it on the first day itself for using the memory card right
i mean why wasting all that space for just a movie ????

if we are able copy it to the system then its fine but if that option is disabled then i'll delete the movie straight away

so i think its a dumb move by nokia not much practical use ... maybe some movie trailers will do

OP
K

krazyfrog

@ Outlaw you're getting it all wrong. The movies won't be provided on regular complimentary cards that Nokia gives with its phones but on special read-only cards. You connot delete the movie from the card, nor can you store anything else on the card. The regular complimentary card that Nokia gives with its phones will also be provided with the phone.

outlaw

De@d
oh...i thought there were given in complimentary cards
now i get it ok ...like ngage game cards...

thanks krazy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom