Nokia Series 60 Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
Hey recently my friend's Nokia 6600 got attacked by a virus which I've heard abt somewhere.
What is does is this:
It switches on the Bluetooth in the handset and starts sending MMs and SMS to all the no's in the phonebook.
And moreover it doesn't show that Bluetooth is switched on and it also sends itself to other phones in its reach. the file that it sends has some random name like 'esd12ksik54s.sis' and sometimes 'Crazy.sis_'.
Can someone tell me what kinda virus is this and how can it be cleaned and removed from the system.
Plzz its really urgent. He went to zero balance in just one night. Can u believe it. And also don't accept any anonymous Bluetooth msgs ever!
I'm waiting!!!

swatkat

Technomancer
Hmmm....It could be CommWarrior virus? It is one of virus which affects Symbian phones.
You could use F-Secure AntiVirus 30 day trial and clean his phone.

There's also another AV called SimWorks, but it doesnt have a demo.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
a_to_z123,
There is a lot of threads which deal abt this , just search the forums.

Moved here

lenrox

Tech Savvy UFO
Hi a_to_z123,

This is a mobile virus known as "Crazy". You can remove the virus by installing a software called FEXPLORER on you S60 phone.

Boot the phone into "Security Mode" by pressing the pencil+C when turning on the device.... Open FExplorer and try to delete the files (crazy!.rsc, crazy!.sis) in the folder (C:\SYSTEM\SYMBIAN\SECUREDATA\CRAZY!SECURITYMANAGER\

This shud resolve the issue...

In future, try & keep ur Bluetooth OFF or in Invisible mode to avoid this problem in future.

Njoi !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom