Nokia PC Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
I have Windows 98 SE installed as OS on my computer.

I recently installed "Nokia PC Suite v5.62" on my computer. After installation & restarting the computer, the PC Suite created it's own system folder in "My Computer" named "Nokia Phone Browser". After sometime, I uninstalled the PC Suite using it's own uninstaller.

The problem is that after uninstallation & restarting the computer, "My Computer" still shows a system folder but without a name. I can't either access it or delete it. If I try to create a shortcut to it, it shows me a message that "Windows could not create the shortcut. Check to see if the disk is full."

I even reinstalled the PC Suite & restarted the system. The "Nokia Phone Browser" system folder came back in place of blank system folder in "My Computer". But after uninstalling the PC Suite, the blank system folder again came back in place of "Nokia Phone Browser" system folder in "My Computer".

I want to remove this unnamed, inaccessible & useless system folder from "My Computer" & I don't want to format my hard drive.

Kindly help.

Gaurav Goyal

tuxfan

Technomancer
Do you know DOS commands? Are you comfortable with them? If yes, you can restart in command prompt and delete the folder after changing its attributes. It may not work. But you can try.

If you are not comfortable with DOS commands, I will try to give you a step by step guide on how to do it. :)

sms_solver

In the zone
@tuxfan, DOS will not going to help g_goyal2000,

he is not talking about real system folders, he is talking abt the folder like icons that appear in MyComputer like DailUP

@g_goyal2000,
it can be delete it using registry editor! If you want detail then I can help you

OP
g_goyal2000

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Thanx sms_solver.
You understood my problem & what I meant.
I would like to know how I can delete the folder.
I'm comfortable with registry editing or any other system modification.
Please help me.

sms_solver

In the zone
Right now I don't know exact location

but you can go

to
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

Within Explorer Seach for Namespaces, find string like Nokia...
remove it, it might help

you can try!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom